Sim-Wings EDDM crashes to desktop when loading (SOLVED)

gadgetpilot

• gadgetpilot changed the title to Sim-Wings EDDM crashes to desktop when loading
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I have the same Issue. After long research I find out, that it must have to do with another scenery I bought on marketplace. These Airports are saved in the official Folder (not Community Folder). I put all these payware scenery out, and now it works. Now I have to find out whicht airport/scenery it interferes with.

23 minutes ago, Aerofly81 said:

Hi,

I have the same Issue. After long research I find out, that it must have to do with another scenery I bought on marketplace. These Airports are saved in the official Folder (not Community Folder). I put all these payware scenery out, and now it works. Now I have to find out whicht airport/scenery it interferes with.

I stopped buying from MS Marketplace - But I have a few - maybe I can share which, and you can check if we have any of the  same. Bold bought in Marketplace

• EDLP
  • ENVA
  • EKCH
  • KDEN
  • KEYW (Has given me problems before)
  • LOWI
  • EDDT
  • EKBI

Mh thats wired.
I have both installed too, and have no issues.
But what I did was putting all fsdreamteam sceneries right at the top of this file. Maybe that helps.
All sceneries are in the community folder (except the ones that came with the microsoft updates)

4 hours ago, Manuel Silveirinha said:

Hello, I've also the same issue and i've  just created a ticket :##110409##

I've bought many sceneries (about 18)   from  FS Store, so looking now which is/are  the other airport  scenes in conflict with Munich EDDM,

to be continued...

Do any of you also have the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle ?? and did you install the latest driver

7 hours ago, Aerofly81 said:

Yes, you're right. I had Issues after that too, so there must be problems with another scenery as well. The issue is complex I think and the devs have to fix it.

I agree - How to contact the devs ?

Hi guys,

here is an update from me : I tested it again: The Airport Flightbeam KDEN is not the only one, which isn't working with EDDM to me. The second is one PREALSOFT Casablanca Airport GMMN. After I removed both of them, there are no CTD's anymore. If any dev have a better solution for me, where i can use these airports simultaneously with EDDM, it would be fine.

Thx

10 hours ago, Aerofly81 said:

Hi guys,

here is an update from me : I tested it again: The Airport Flightbeam KDEN is not the only one, which isn't working with EDDM to me. The second is one PREALSOFT Casablanca Airport GMMN. After I removed both of them, there are no CTD's anymore. If any dev have a better solution for me, where i can use these airports simultaneously with EDDM, it would be fine.

Thx

I removed a lot of airports, and still experience CTD. I will not accept to uninstall that much to fix EDDM, so the devs must fix EDDM.

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, gadgetpilot said:

I removed a lot of airports, and still experience CTD. I will not accept to uninstall that much to fix EDDM, so the devs must fix EDDM.

But it if works with thousands of other users and on all our systems, we simply do not know what to fix. Until we can see it crashing we are just poking in the dark.

Could possibly be useful to mention hardware specs. EDDM is well optimized, but it's still more demanding in term of hardware than smaller airports, even more so if your ground traffic is set to 100%. That's a lot of AI aircraft and vehicles to spawn at once when you load in.

Maybe I have a hint for you. When I install EDDM and start the SIM it generates a builderlogerror.txt in the main MSFS user folder. It generates it again, everytime I start the sim. In the txt, about 15 to 20 "could not open file" messages are written. When I uninstall EDDM and start the sim, no builderlogerror.txt is generated. So there must be something wrong with the airport. I have CTDs too, btw.

• Developer
39 minutes ago, RogePete said:

Maybe I have a hint for you. When I install EDDM and start the SIM it generates a builderlogerror.txt in the main MSFS user folder. It generates it again, everytime I start the sim. In the txt, about 15 to 20 "could not open file" messages are written. When I uninstall EDDM and start the sim, no builderlogerror.txt is generated. So there must be something wrong with the airport. I have CTDs too, btw.

Can you please attach the Builderlogerror.txt as file here to the post (not the text as cut and paste. just drag the file below)

• Autopiloth changed the title to Sim-Wings EDDM crashes to desktop when loading (SOLVED)
  • OPabst pinned this topic
  • Autopiloth unpinned this topic

Archived