PMDG honeycomb profiles

Hi Ben,

question to the LED's: Can an LED on the BTQ only be activated with a active LED in the aircraft?

What I would like to do is turn the "IAS" LED off the BTQ ON when the IAS is displayed in the aircraft (for the PMDG T7)?

ould you let me know if this is feasable

Thanks

• Aerosoft
vor 19 Stunden , Juergen2 sagte:

Hi Ben,

question to the LED's: Can an LED on the BTQ only be activated with a active LED in the aircraft?

What I would like to do is turn the "IAS" LED off the BTQ ON when the IAS is displayed in the aircraft (for the PMDG T7)?

ould you let me know if this is feasable

Thanks

Hi Juergen,

I am not really sure I do understand what you are trying to achieve :). And I cannot test this right now, but there is a variable called "AS_PMDG_T7_MCP_IASBlank,bool" which might be going into the direction you want and that you can experiment with. There is also some work being done on documenting all the variables for future reference.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
vor 1 hour , LyneAl Boulianne sagte:

Hi I followed the instruction above to have my Bravo Throttle set for PMDG 4.5 but the Add-Ons -> Honeycomb -> did not appeared when loading the P3D. 

Thanks,

Al

Hi Al,

so...you are saying you are not seeing the "Honeycomb" menu entry at all under "Add-Ons"? If so, this indicates a problem which has nothing to do with the PMDG profiles, so please open up a new topic detailing your problem so it is more easy to keep track.

• Aerosoft
vor 32 Minuten, captanskywalker sagte:

Honeycomb for me is not appearing in the Add On List, have followed all steps

Hi,

same to you: please open up your own dedicated topic detailing the problem. Otherwise it becomes difficult to keep track of things.

I have downloaded the profiles from here and have followed your instructions to a "T"  when loading P3Dv4 with PMDG QOTS 747-400 the only controls that work on the throttle quadrant are the thrust levers, flaps, speed brake, and landing gear,  on the yoke i only have flight control movement  i have tried reloading the key binding in the sim and nothing is working  

• Aerosoft
vor 5 Stunden , PhoenixAir289 sagte:

I have downloaded the profiles from here and have followed your instructions to a "T"  when loading P3Dv4 with PMDG QOTS 747-400 the only controls that work on the throttle quadrant are the thrust levers, flaps, speed brake, and landing gear,  on the yoke i only have flight control movement  i have tried reloading the key binding in the sim and nothing is working  

Hi,

please attach the file "add-ons.cfg" from your "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" folder to this thread.

2 hours ago, BenBaron said:

I don't know what happened there, but for some reason the main plugin was missing from your add-ons.cfg. Try with my altered add-ons.cfg and see if you can get it to work.

I tried the Altered CFG. file and went through the steps again and I am still not getting any response from the switches   on the Yoke or Throttle Quadrant

• Aerosoft
vor 10 Stunden , PhoenixAir289 sagte:

I tried the Altered CFG. file and went through the steps again and I am still not getting any response from the switches   on the Yoke or Throttle Quadrant

Are your LED lights working in the 747? Do you have the Honeycomb menu entry under Add-Ons?

3 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Are your LED lights working in the 747? Do you have the Honeycomb menu entry under Add-Ons?

All the lights work in the Sim if that’s what you are asking And yes I do have the honeycomb menu entry under add ons. I even tried rebinding.

• Aerosoft
vor 2 Stunden , PhoenixAir289 sagte:

All the lights work in the Sim if that’s what you are asking And yes I do have the honeycomb menu entry under add ons. I even tried rebinding.

What are you seeing in the text bar when you are reloading bindings for the Alpha as well as the Bravo? Esp the name of the loaded profiles for each one would be of interest. What is really strange is that you are getting the LEDs, but not the rest. 

7 hours ago, BenBaron said:

What are you seeing in the text bar when you are reloading bindings for the Alpha as well as the Bravo? Esp the name of the loaded profiles for each one would be of interest. What is really strange is that you are getting the LEDs, but not the rest. 

When I rebind is says  AFCBridgelReloadJson: AFC_Yoke reloaded 29 binding(s) successfully from profile 'PMDGQOTSII_YOKE'.  the Throttle says AFCBridgelReloadJson: BFC_Throttle reloaded 68 binding(s) successfully from profile 'PMDGQOTSII_THROTTLE'.    on the throttle the landing gear LEDs are what work and the DOOR is lit up  the LEDs in the sim for AP only come on when i click in the sim  nothing on the throttle quadrant

Hi all

Reading through this thread has there been a fix with the bravo quadrant and the PMDG BBJ?

alpha yoke has always worked without an issue.

regards 

Alex Schiavo 

• Aerosoft
On 13.2.2021 at 13:26, Alex_S sagte:

Hi all

Reading through this thread has there been a fix with the bravo quadrant and the PMDG BBJ?

alpha yoke has always worked without an issue.

regards 

Alex Schiavo 

Hi Alex,

we are in the final stages of wrapping up version 2.1 of the ConfigTool which will include BBJ support.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - just got the throttle and did everything exactly as specified above yet when I move the throttle in the PMDG 737 NGXu the pedals move. Same with all other knobs and buttons - not doing what they are set to be doing. I imported the profile, installed and activated it, and even have the honeycomb menu in the add-on for p3d v5 but not able to get anything to work. What am I missing? Any help appreciated!

Mike

• Aerosoft
vor 8 Stunden , mikenor sagte:

Hi all - just got the throttle and did everything exactly as specified above yet when I move the throttle in the PMDG 737 NGXu the pedals move. Same with all other knobs and buttons - not doing what they are set to be doing. I imported the profile, installed and activated it, and even have the honeycomb menu in the add-on for p3d v5 but not able to get anything to work. What am I missing? Any help appreciated!

Mike

Hi Mike,

there is no support for axis assignments via the ConfigTool, so you have to assign them yourself and make sure they make sense via P3Ds controls menu. You also have to make sure, that the buttons are not assigned in P3Ds control menu itself as otherwise you will have doubled assignments. You can either delete them manually or use Actions->Disable Simulator Defaults in the ConfigTool.

Thanks for the quick response Ben - so now I'm really not following what the PMDG 737 profile is... I assumed when loading it that it would assign all axis and buttons to the aircraft. If not what is its purpose? Thanks again.

Have had success with the throttle knobs and set up the axis's, but the yoke will buttons do nothing after loading the profile. At least I'm getting somewhere - will continue to play with it. Thanks again

PMDG 777 Bravo Throttle Profile | Red LED annunciators don't light up when they should be on

I have successfully installed and started using PMDG 747 and 777 Bravo Throttle official profiles. The profile for PMDG 747 works perfectly including all red LED annunciators, however the profile for PMDG 777 works fine for everything except the red LED annunciators (the white LED annunciators work fine).  I have spent countless number of hours reviewing the .json files and PMDG 777 SDK and it seems the profile already has the correct SDK variable names and logic for the red LED annunciators. It seems somehow it can't see the values for those variables in the P3D v4.5. 

This is specially strange as on the same system, 747 red annunciators work perfectly. 

Anybody else has experienced this or is aware of a fix?

Regards,

Jim Morrison

13 hours ago, Vanzunator said:

PMDG 777 Bravo Throttle Profile | Red LED annunciators don't light up when they should be on

I have successfully installed and started using PMDG 747 and 777 Bravo Throttle official profiles. The profile for PMDG 747 works perfectly including all red LED annunciators, however the profile for PMDG 777 works fine for everything except the red LED annunciators (the white LED annunciators work fine).  I have spent countless number of hours reviewing the .json files and PMDG 777 SDK and it seems the profile already has the correct SDK variable names and logic for the red LED annunciators. It seems somehow it can't see the values for those variables in the P3D v4.5. 

This is specially strange as on the same system, 747 red annunciators work perfectly. 

Anybody else has experienced this or is aware of a fix?

Regards,

Jim Morrison

I was able to solve my own issue by adding the following lines to 777X_Options.ini file which is in your PMDG777X folder:

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1 

The PMDG 777 wasn't broadcasting its data and Honeycomb profile have no way of seeing the annunciator values.

• Aerosoft
vor 26 Minuten, Vanzunator sagte:

I was able to solve my own issue by adding the following lines to 777X_Options.ini file which is in your PMDG777X folder:

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1 

The PMDG 777 wasn't broadcasting its data and Honeycomb profile have no way of seeing the annunciator values.

Nice you got it solved.

Normally this line should have been added automatically when you enabled PMDG support in the ConfigTool.

• Aerosoft
On 26.2.2021 at 13:05, mikenor sagte:

Thanks for the quick response Ben - so now I'm really not following what the PMDG 737 profile is... I assumed when loading it that it would assign all axis and buttons to the aircraft. If not what is its purpose? Thanks again.

Hi Mike:

the profile is only dealing with the buttons as the required variables/events simply cannot be assigned via P3Ds controls menu. But the axis can, so they have to be defined by yourself.