PMDG honeycomb profiles

Good Morning!

Finally received my HC Bravo yesterday and its glorious, but the laborious task of keybinding is upon us.

I have tried the PMDG 747 Alpha and Bravo profiles available from here, but I am having issues with them working correctly in the sim and wondering if I am doing something wrong.

The gear selector works, the axis work, the buttons on the yoke work, but the buttons on the yoke base and buttons/knobs on the Bravo do not work.

I also get this message in the sim when turning the DECR/INCR knob.

Please login to display this image.

Pulling my hair out,

Thanks for reading.

Jc

• Aerosoft

Hi Jc,

I will try to walk you through the process to get the PMDG profiles working, using the Yoke as an example:

• Once you have downloaded the profile from our website, you have to import it into our Honeycomb-Configurator tool via: Actions -> Open Settings -> Import Profiles -> Select File -> Checkmark -> Import Profiles

• Afterwards, you have to select the profile via: Profiles -> PMDG_747QOTSII_Yoke -> Load

• Finally, you have to activate it, so the simulator can use it via: Actions -> Activate Current Profile

• In order for the PMDG interfacing to work, you also have to specifically activate its support via: Actions -> Activate/Deactivate PMDG

• Once the sim is running, you can always check the name of the currently loaded profile via: Add-Ons -> Honeycomb -> AFC_Yoke - Reload Bindings

• Which should show you the name of the profile in the green text bar, in this case 'PMDG_747QOTSII_Yoke'

I hope that you can get it working with these instructions and infer the same procedure for the Bravo Throttle. If not, do not hesitate to come back here.

Apart from that, you can also check out this video on how to enable PMDG support and the channel in general for useful tips regarding the Honeycomb-Configurator.

P.S.: I hope your hair is still in order ;).

• Like 2

Hello guys, 

Question, i have followed this guide above for the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke installation in p3d v5. 

I use the NgxU 737 and all works, however if i try in the ngxu BBJ expansion i get the following errors:

Simconnect exeption unrecognized id and 
Simconnect exeption out of bounds

The cockpits are very similar, anyway to make the profile work ?

Thanks!

Mike

• Aerosoft

Hi Mike,

unfortunately I didn't have the BBJ expansion while creating the profiles, so I cannot really comment on what might be causing this. Just to be sure: you are talking only the Alpha Yoke, not in conjunction with the Bravo Throttle right?

Can you please attach a screenshot of the error messages?

Other than that, as we are nearing holidays, I might be able to take a look into it after New Year's only.

Hi ben,

These are some shots of the error. Both of these and sometimes: Simconnect exeption unrecognized show up.
I just have the alpha yoke at the moment, waiting for the throttle :D. 

For info it happens in all BBJ variants, not in the 700/800. After i click Ok on this messages the sim is working perfect, except ofcourse the buttons on the yoke. (x/y axis work fine etc)

No rush at all, everyhing esle works fine i can live without the few buttons.

Enjoy your holidays!!

• Aerosoft

Thanks for the shots Mike..just as I expected the error leads me to believe that there is a difference in the PMDG SDK NGXu vs BBJ that I could not catch due to lack of the BBJ. So the interfacing fails.

Will take a look and let you know once it is fixed.

Until then have some good and relaxing holidays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2020 at 9:11 PM, BenBaron said:

Thanks for the shots Mike..just as I expected the error leads me to believe that there is a difference in the PMDG SDK NGXu vs BBJ that I could not catch due to lack of the BBJ. So the interfacing fails.

Will take a look and let you know once it is fixed.

Until then have some good and relaxing holidays.

Benjamin,

The BBJ is not working due to a needed name change on the folder structure for this product so a chnage is needed to the interface you are using in order to communicate with the BBJ.

I can provide more info if needed.  Mathijs has my email if you need to contact me directly

Chris Makris

PMDG Customer Support

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having problems I have followed your instructions but nothing. I don't even have the Honeycomb under Addon's any suggestion why that is

Thanks 

Alex

I'm rather confused. Your detailed example above shows a very specific 747 profile being imported. I can't find specific aircraft profiles anywhere. When I select settings>Import Profiles>select file in the configurator, I'm pointed to ...Honeycomb>bin>honeycomb_profiles. In that folder is one generic PMDG.json file. That file has a template for 47 buttons but no enties for any of the buttons.

Please help me find the PMDG aircraft profiles.

Thanks,

Don

• Aerosoft
vor 1 minute, wrap23 sagte:

I'm rather confused. Your detailed example above shows a very specific 747 profile being imported. I can't find specific aircraft profiles anywhere. When I select settings>Import Profiles>select file in the configurator, I'm pointed to ...Honeycomb>bin>honeycomb_profiles. In that folder is one generic PMDG.json file. That file has a template for 47 buttons but no enties for any of the buttons.

Please help me find the PMDG aircraft profiles.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don,

you have to download other profiles here from our dedicated area. Under subcategories you can choose from profile for the Alpha as well as the Bravo.

• Aerosoft
vor 1 hour , b77walex sagte:

Hi,

I am having problems I have followed your instructions but nothing. I don't even have the Honeycomb under Addon's any suggestion why that is

Thanks 

Alex

Alex,

please open up a new topic for your issue, as this does not seem to be specifically related to PMDG profiles, right now and to keep a better overwiew. Include the simulator we are talking about and also the steps you have already taken. The more details the better.

3 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi Don,

you have to download other profiles here from our dedicated area. Under subcategories you can choose from profile for the Alpha as well as the Bravo.

Thanks Ben. I thought I looked everywhere for the "subcategories on the right"! I didn't look in the Top Right! That said, after loading everything per instructions and reloading_bindings in P3D, I still can't get the profile to work with the 777. When I activated the PMDG Profile and the 777 profile before starting P3D, The flight sim would crash during start. If I started P3D first then activated the profiles, the sim continued to run. Unfortunately, I got the "AFCBridge I BFC_Throttle: X__X" message when I turned the DECR_INCR knob. I think I'm going to set the Alpha & Bravo aside for now and attach my Virpil Throttle and Virpil/Brunner stick back to my desk. I'll wait till the software catches up with the hardware.

Kind Regards,

Don

Hi Mike,

I have installed the PMDG B737 & B777 profiles from your website. Everything went reasonably well, however I am running into problems with the PMDG B747-8. I used the PMDG B747-400 V3 QoS profile for the BTQ and the AFC and receive the following warnings at startup of the simulator (P3Dv4.5);

These warnings continue, appears like the complete Autopilot and Switch configuration.

Any thoughts on the issue? Is the PMDG B747-8 compatible with the PMDG B747-400?

Thanks for help

• Aerosoft
Vor 1 Stunde, Juergen2 sagte:

Hi Mike,

I have installed the PMDG B737 & B777 profiles from your website. Everything went reasonably well, however I am running into problems with the PMDG B747-8. I used the PMDG B747-400 V3 QoS profile for the BTQ and the AFC and receive the following warnings at startup of the simulator (P3Dv4.5);

These warnings continue, appears like the complete Autopilot and Switch configuration.

Any thoughts on the issue? Is the PMDG B747-8 compatible with the PMDG B747-400?

Thanks for help

Hi Juergen,

are you sure you have activated the 747 profile in the ConfigTool? Because the warning messages indicate that you are trying to load the 777 profile with the 747. But I also cannot say for sure, if the 747-8 expansion works. Please check first, that you get everything to work with the "normal" 747-400. 

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reply. Sorry I didn't read the warnings completely (typical user problem!!!!).

I loaded and activated the 747 profiles and it seems to work in the B747-400 as well as the B747-8 expansion.

There is a problem with the AutoPilot, where the NAV button activates the LOC button in the aircraft and REV button activates the LNAV button in the aircraft. I'll try to fix it, but might need some help.

Thanks again

Hi Juergen.

This is actually the way it is mapped in the PMDG 747, 777 and 737 profiles, according to the .pdf file that is available with every profile. (separate download)

HDG -> Heading Select in aircraft

NAV -> LOC in aircraft

APR -> APP in aircraft

REV -> LNAV in aircraft

ALT -> VNAV in aircraft

CRS -> Flight Level Change in aircraft

IAS -> Speed Hold in aircraft

It's like that in my end too :)

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

Ben,

I was able to "customize" the buttons to:

NAV = LNAV in aircraft

REV = LOC in aircraft

ALT = VNAV in aircraft; this makes more sense to me.

The buttons work correctly, however the button LIGHTS do NOT. I can't seem to find where and how the lights are programmed for a particular push button.

Could you give me a hint, where I can find them?

Thanks

Hi

I have found the LED assignments and trying currently to program some changes.

However, I have a basic question: If I fly/load a PMDG B747 and want to restart the sim and use a PMDG B777, do I have to load the profile(s) for the AFC and the BTQ manually, or does the simulator load the profiles automatically based on aircraft selected?

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi Juergen,

On 10.1.2021 at 11:25, Juergen2 sagte:

I loaded and activated the 747 profiles and it seems to work in the B747-400 as well as the B747-8 expansion.

thanks for letting me know, that the 747-8 expansion works out of the box.

vor 14 Minuten, Juergen2 sagte:

I have found the LED assignments and trying currently to program some changes.

However, I have a basic question: If I fly/load a PMDG B747 and want to restart the sim and use a PMDG B777, do I have to load the profile(s) for the AFC and the BTQ manually, or does the simulator load the profiles automatically based on aircraft selected?

You should be able to adapt your button changes to the LEDs using the LED mode of the ConfigTool by swapping the variables.

Currently, you'd always have to open the ConfigTool, select the profiles for the Alpha and Bravo and activate them before they become visible in the sim. There is an enhancement planned to this, it is just not completely there, yet.

Thanks Ben,

that's what I figured. It looks like I have to do the same in P3Dv4.5 with the Axis Assignments for the various aircraft, since the last used assignment remains loaded.

Bis demnaechst

Hi Ben,

I am struggling with 2 LED's in the B777 & B747, maybe you could shed some light on the issue:

1. IAS Button - Event Name = AS_PMDG_T7_EVT_MCP_SPEED_PUSH_SWITCH;

IAS LED - Condition Name = AS_PMDG_T7_MCP_annunA/T; Key = L; Unit = bool; Value =1;

I get a Warning when I load the simulator and the LED does NOT come ON.

2. HDG Button - Event Name = AS_PMDG_T7_EVT_MCP_HEADING_PUSH_SWITCH;

HDG LED - Condition Name = AS_PMDG_T7_MCP_annunHDG_HOLD; Key = L; Unit = bool; Value = 1;

This LED does NOT illuminate at all. I kind of understand, since I am NOT in the Heading HOLD mode, but in the Heading Select mode. So how could I turn this LED ON to show that I am in the HEADING SELECT MODE?

BTW, if this is going past the normal support, pls let me know

Thanks for help

• Aerosoft

Juergen,

Condition Name = AS_PMDG_T7_MCP_annunA/T; Key = L; Unit = bool; Value =1;

I get a Warning when I load the simulator and the LED does NOT come ON.

The variable name must be "AS_PMDG_T7_MCP_annunAT", not "AS_PMDG_T7_MCP_annunA/T". Thats why it is complaining, that it cannot find this variable for the 777.

This LED does NOT illuminate at all. I kind of understand, since I am NOT in the Heading HOLD mode, but in the Heading Select mode. So how could I turn this LED ON to show that I am in the HEADING SELECT MODE?

This is simply not possible purely with reading out the aircraft, as there is not annunciator on the glareshield for HDG Select.

Ben,

For the Heading Select Mode LED light:

Is there a way that I could code it "If the NAV LED (on the BTQ) or the LNAV LED (in the aircraft) is OFF, than turn the HDG LED ON (I will be in HDG SELECT Mode)?????

Thanks for response and Help

• Aerosoft

Of course Juergen, if that is good for you 🙂: just take the variable from the NAV Led and input that into the HDG Led. As value you input "=0". This will have your HDG Led switched on whenever the NAV Led is off. Let me know if it works.