[EDDM] ILS frequency not filled automatically in MCDU

Er!k

Same issue as with Ibiza. I created a flight to EDDM including the ILS26L approach. In the default scenery (and also other 3rd party scenery) you see the ILS frequency automatically filled in the NAV/RAD page of the MCDU (in my case using the A320)... With EDDM this is not working, you will need to look up the frequency in the charts and fill it manually.

Can this please be adjusted in a next update?

• Developer

Hi,
we went into this issue (as in Ibiza) and also asked Joe as you adviced. The only solution would be to enter own ILS frequencies into the scenery,
which could easily be done,..

BUT:
There seems to be a bug with custom ILS according to a thread in the MSFS Developer Forum that could lead to CTD and randomly wrong glide slopes.
So we decided NOT to include own ILS until thechnique is stable.
The SDK is at 0.8, therefore we have to make some compromises now that can easily be fixed later.

Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the explanation Thorsten.

I just had this issue today.  My brother and I were both flying separately into LEIB.  We both have the latest Navigraph AIRAC installed and were both using the WT CJ4 mod.  His aircraft auto-tuned the correct frequency (109.5) and mine did not.  The only difference between our two setups is he was using the default LEIB scenery and I was using the SimWings LEIBA downloaded from the MSFS Marketplace.  This leads me to believe something in the scenery is somehow interfering with it.  

• Developer
43 minutes ago, ual763 said:

This leads me to believe something in the scenery is somehow interfering with it.  

That is possible, but the issue is in the sim itself or in the code filling the frequences.

The airport definition for addon airports (here Ibiza) has an option to define, which parts of a underlaying Airport file (like defaults) should be deleted. Here NAV Data like ILS and Approaches can be switch as deleted or not (same system as in FSX by the way). As long as there is not defined to delete the NAV Instruments (like here in Ibiza), the defaults are still present.

And this is happen as designed, because otherwise you will not have an ILS there. 
But, the process, which is responsible for filling the data to your aircraft instument, seams not to know about this process and only looks in the last loaded Airportfile and don‘t find a ILS definition there, but don‘t switch to the default for that.

As there are open issues with custom ILS, as Thorsten expains, it is better to have the ILS with correct glidepathes from default after enter the frequence manuell, the a brocken wrong ILS with a offset in the glidepath.

I hope MS will fix it sometimes (minimum one of the issues.)

Archived