EDDM Installation Error

Katja Mueller

• Developer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer

yes, I understand. But I can asure that we had tested it on several PC´s without any problems and it could be a random error by MSFS causing CDT.
And this is a hard nut to crack.

Another test please:
- Activate Developer Mode in General settings of MSFS.
- Start MSFS again and choose ANY airport despite EDDM as a starting place and start the flight until you are at the choosen airport
Now with dev mode you have got some new menu entries on top:
- choose "WINDOWS" and than "TELEPORT WINDOW", now a new menu comes up.
- enter EDDM as Icao code and click "Go to ICAO"

Plz report if sim is able to port you to EDDM or if it crashes.

• Developer
vor 24 Minuten, Aerofly81 sagte:

Could it interfere with another scenery ?

possibly. 
Easy test: Move temporarily everything in the community directory despite EDDM to a different folder , so that it is the only add on
in your community folder. If you have too much add on rename the comunity folder to something like COMMUNITYOFF and mak a new
folder community contaimimg EDDM only.

Thorsten
(will get back on this tomorrow)

Yes, indeed: It has to do with a scenery, but not from the Community folder in my case, but in the official folder. (Airports from Marketplace) I put all the payware airports out there and it worked finally. Now I have to find out

which Airport interferes with EDDM. I'll report back...

• Developer

OK, thanx for the info.
One new discovery from my side: The new Nvidia 460.86 Driver leads to immediate crashes of MSFS (PC reboots itself) when choosing SNOW weather preset or Storm.
This happens at default airports. Not EDDM related, it wasn´t even installed. And randomly (98 out of 100). And maybe also in other situations.
I rolled back to 456.71 and got no crash.

I´ll try to follow this thread, but support will be a bit limited the coming days due to holiday season.

Frohes Fest!

On 12/22/2020 at 4:27 PM, Aerofly81 said:

I was about 26 Miles to EDDM (direct) and the sim crashed again

Same here - I was a little further - But it crashed the sim, I've uninstalled EDDM - It's useless and a complete waste of money.

How do one demand a refund?

vor 7 Stunden , Autopiloth sagte:

OK, thanx for the info.
One new discovery from my side: The new Nvidia 460.86 Driver leads to immediate crashes of MSFS (PC reboots itself) when choosing SNOW weather preset or Storm.
This happens at default airports. Not EDDM related, it wasn´t even installed. And randomly (98 out of 100). And maybe also in other situations.
I rolled back to 456.71 and got no crash.

I´ll try to follow this thread, but support will be a bit limited the coming days due to holiday season.

Frohes Fest!

I've the newest Nvidia driver 460.89 (RTX 2080) and no crashes  a long time ago, exept on loading EDDM now. I try every Airport or Scenery after buying...

Dir auch Frohes Fest!

• Developer

Hi,

yes there may be some interference with other products. But for EDDM I must say there´s nothing special that is outside the SDK.
Of course we´ll try to nail it dow but we need your support, since I do not have all add ons and no errors at all. And maybe it´s not related to a specific add on, just to the sim.
@Aerofly81 or others:
I dont know if that´s possible for you: But could you install an older NVDIA driver or just use the Microsoft one that comes with windows?
Since I dicovered a huge problem with 460.86 with the sim itself (GTX1080 ti without EDDM) that restarts my PC it could be driver related. EDDM uses some amount of memory, maybe it exceeds a virtual barrier with that unstable driver ?
For further testing (if driver did not solve it):
- dissable any AI or teamplayer traffic
if that did not help:
-move the /simwings-eddm/CGL directory to a different place (this will remove the aerial picture which is the biggest file) and see if it crashes.
-restore CGL and remove /simobject the same way (will remove the animated jetways and other animations)
-restore simobjects 
-move /scenery the same way and see if it crashes
(I need to kow were to search for interferences)

if there is no progress:
remove temporarily every other add on in community and official and just use EDDM

Please report to mail[at]sim-wings.de 

Thorsten

In the meantime I have to make some tests with the "other" sceneries

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, gadgetpilot said:

Same here - I was a little further - But it crashed the sim, I've uninstalled EDDM - It's useless and a complete waste of money.

How do one demand a refund?

Hi, you can always try to contact the shop where bought the product. It it was the aerosoft store support@aerosoft.com

But may I suggest to be patient? It looks like there are several different circumstances when there might happen a CTD. The dev is looking into it.

Archived