EDDM Installation Error

Katja Mueller

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have the Microsoft Store Version or Steam Version?

I have the Microsoft Store Version and I'm not able to complete the Installation.

I never using antivirus. In times of windows 10, every antivirus solution has no benefit.

I don't understand why I cannot install. Only the last 2-3 files will not copy all other will.

I made a second download from aerosoft store but same thing. not able to complete install.

-no firewall

-no antivirus

-started as administrator

• Developer

Have remove my post, because I don’t know, where Aerosoft maybe sell the Product beside there own Shop and Simmarket. But, the Ingame MSFS Marketplace could not be the source here, that needs more then some hours to be available and not have a Installer.

• Root Admin

Hi there,

the total directory length in your case is greater than 255 characters.

D:\WpSystem\ S-1-5-21-3981603389-3377718081-3013342902-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\simwings-airport-eddm-munich\SimObjects\Landmarks\EDDM_Jetway\model.EDDM_Jetway_v01_001\EDDM_Jetway_v01_001.bin
 => 263 characters

Since the current setup does not support symlinks (mklink), the error message listed appears here.

I now need your help.

Please create this directory:
Example: D:\MSFS2020\Community

In usercfg.opt change the entry to:

InstalledPackagesPath "D:\MSFS2020"

You can find usercfg.opt here.
STEAM users
c:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\UserCfg.opt
or
MS STORE
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt

If you run the setup now, the data should be installed here.

D:\MSFS2020\Community\simwings-airport-eddm-munich

Alternatively, I can adjust the setup where the installation folder is changed from "simwings-airport-eddm-munich" to "simwings-eddm".
In this case the directory length is less than 255 characters

I have a question too. I don't have an error message at the installation, except an error message with AS Updater, if I have Antivirus on, but without antivirus not a problem here: I already installed it on another drive (Path: F:/Packages FS2020/Community/simwings-airport-eddm-munich),

so it is already less than 255 characters. My problem is after Installation. If I load this airport on world map, I always get a CTD without error message.

• Developer

Does the CDT also appear when using the text entry and enter EDDM as a start aiport?
Any AI aircraft mods installed ?
Maybe you can try to deinstall and reinstall it to check for a corrupted download file ?
(wait a little while for download as we are providing 1.0.0.1 soon today)

No, after I click on fly and the in the loading screen at about 80% it crashes. It doen't matter, which plane, or as a departure or arrival (as a approach flight), always the same.

I installed it many times. Maybe I try it to download again, but on the other side there were no problems with unpacking, but I will try it agin.

Archived