Legs filter by date or day of the week

BerndB

Hello Pele, i´am using you great tool every day and i can´t even know how we could live without it. But there is a small improvement i would like to request. Is it somehow possible to filter or restrict the shown legs of an Airport by the current date or better a specific day of the week. When i´am looking for an actual flight by Lufthansa for instance outbounding EDDM i usually go to eddm and have look at the legs tab. Even i have restricted my search already to show only the flightplan for Lufthansa it would be nice if i could restrict the legs shown only for a specific day. 

If i want to know to where i could pilot a LH flight outbound from EDDM on Sunday arround 1700 UTC i allways have to scroll thru all legs from Monday to Sunday to find  one. Or is there another way?

You know it´s about to improve something what is already one of best of the best. 

Hi Bernd and thanks for the kind words.

There is no direct method to filter results by day/time. If I personally was looking for such a flight I would press CTRL+A to open the search airport form and search for "EDDM" and press enter (or click it) to open the Airport Info form showing info for EDDM. Here I would go to the traffic tabpage and change "Traffic to chart" into "All flights to/from this airport". It will filter both what is displayed on both the "Legs" and "Traffic" tabpages to show all traffic into/out of EDDM no mater which leg search is otherwise active of which specific flightplan that might be displayed on the main map. Now when you go to the "Legs" tabpage you will see (top) all flights into EDDM and (bottom) all flights out of EDDM. These are sorted by Dest/Dep-time. So to find a flight arriving around 1700 UTC on a Sunday, I would first un-check "Show as Local-times" above the list-view, and then scroll down to SU/1700 (Sunday at 1700) and locate the flight you are looking for (they are sorted by the content of the "Dest.Time" column):

Please login to display this image.

Just to add to my previous answer. In stead of choosing "All flights to/from this airport" on the traffic tabpage, you could begin using the Search Legs feature to only find all Lufthansa flights into/out of EDDM, as this would vastly reduce the number of legs shown in the Legs tab-sheet. Hence it would be faster to locate the flight you are looking for. Likewise if you also know where the flight is coming from and/or which aircraft is used, you can add these criteria to the Search Legs form to reduce the number of flights even more.

Hi Pelle, thank you for the hints, but that is how i´am already doing it. My search is filtered to Lufthansa and Eurowings only and for Flights in a range of 3 hours usualIy. But of course there are still a lot of flights shown outbound from German airports. I thought i could save to scroll thru the legs listing. Because i´am usually flying on Saturday and Sunday i allways have to scroll down very far on each airport to find the legs and allways i have to start again for each airport at the top of the list, because the listing is allways starting on monday. It´s just wish and something for a future release, if it´s technically possible may be. If not, it´s ok  also. But bear in mind, if someday you will read in the news that there was a skeleton found in germany with a pad in his hands running FlightplanVisualizer, it´s may be me, gone by while searching for my legs.

Merry Christmas to you and your Family

Bernd

Hi Bernd,

Technical there is nothing preventing a filter by weekday, but already the Search Legs page is near its limit as what can be displayed at once. So adding more criteria would probably result in having to split the view into multiple tab-pages. Which would result in the user not being able to see all criteria without looking at multiple tab-pages. Anyway I hear what you are saying, and will give it some more thoughts when time allows for it. Merry Christmas for all as well.

• 3 months later...

Bernd, in next version will you be able to filter your leg-search on days. I managed to fit room for two "Days" buttons. When you hoover the mouse over these, then hint/tool-tip will show which days are active (it default to all being selected):

When you press this button, it will open a new window where you will be able to (de)select which days to include:

Here is a search for all Airbus A321 out of EDDM on a Saturday, between 10:00 and 12:00:

Hi Pelle, wow, that´s absolutely great and i really appreciate your attention to my request. You know, i use your great tool every day to plan my "workday" and which legs i have to serve for Eurowings and Lufthansa. Because of timely manner this helps a lot, if the spare time you have to "fly" as real as it gets, that i can decide and plan from this grat stuff, if i can manage a two-, or three- , or even four legs working day as a pilot. (Of course a allways fly in real-time)

But i don´t understand the third screenshot. If the legsfilter is set to show the legs for saturday only, why do i see Dep MO, TU, WE, still. I would exspect the list shows only the SA legs?!? The time filter seems to work well as the listing contains only legs between 10 h and 12 h, which is great so far. 

vor 3 Stunden , pellelil sagte:

My bad 🙂 as you can see in the screen-shot above all days are selected, so I forgot to only include Saturday, so it shows all days.

I guessed that :) So i assume if the list would contain Saturday only i. ex. i´am really really happy, because it´s exactly what i was demanding. Pelle, many many thanks for your effort and of course i can´t await when this updated version comes available. 

Bernd

Here is a "correct" screen-shot. This time I ONLY selected Saturday (10:00-11:59) and I only selected aircraft out of EDDM (hence the Inbound list-view in the top is empty):

• 3 weeks later...
On 16.4.2021 at 07:55, pellelil sagte:

Thanks for notifying med Bernd, I as afraid you had reverted back to version 1.17 🙂 I hope for a release within this or next week

Hello Pelle,  thank you very much for the new release. Of course, i have installed it immediately and it works very very well with the additional legfilter by day. Many thanks for that because i really need your tool a lot because it´s where everything starts. For me it´s like a duty planner, for which flights for Eurowings or Lufthansa today i´am in charge and i can´t imagine how it would be without it. 

Kind Regards

Bernd 

• 2 weeks later...

Shaun are you asking or telling? The number of flights returned will be based on the criteria you define. The less specific you define your criteria the more flights are returned.

If you perform a leg-search with less restrictive criteria you can use the Randomizer to randomly pick one of the flights, so you don't have to do this manually.

Archived