Issues with Honeycomb driver for MSFS

Hi,

I tried to install the MSFS driver several times now. I receive this error message:

In ASUpdater:

AS Honeycomb:
The server version file could not be loaded!
http://update.aerosoft.com.dedi2593.your-server.de/asupdater/as_honeycomb_msfs/asupdater.xml
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)
   at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at ASUpdater.MainWindow.GetProductList()
*** This product will be ignored! ***

Also in the Readme.txt it is written that the driver is only required to set the LEDs. How do I do this? I cannot find a configurator for MSFS.

I must say that the Bravo throttle is a really nice piece of hardware, however Aersoft/Honeycomb disappointed again with the software and documentation.

• Aerosoft

Hi Rainer,

thanks for your report. The error message you are seeing in the updater is not directly related to the functioning of the LED driver, but of course might hinder a later software update. It will get fixed.

If it is the case for you, that the LEDs don't light up at all right now, please also take a look into this thread as it might indicate the same problem you have.

Apart from that, it is stated clearly in the included readme that as of now we cannot interact with all variables in MSFS. Thats why we are not making use of the config tool for customizations right now, but considering to do so, as development moves on.

Hi Benjamin,

thank you for your reply. At least some of the LED seem to work in MSFS, but I expected some kind of configuration tool as in the P3D version. However, if it exists, I can not find it.

• Aerosoft

Hi Rainer,

no need to look: right now, we simply do not supply the config tool for MSFS, like we do for the other versions. This was a deliberate decision, as there would be limited use. But when things evolve, we will of course adapt and give you something to allow for greater customization. 

Archived