CTD with CRJ

tdohrer

Hello,

Hope you are well. I am getting a CTD when flying the CRJ. Was using active sky while flying. I have got this CTD before while flying the airbus A321 from Aerosoft. Havent had this happen with any other aircraft that are payware.

Did a clean install of P3D V5 this time, .netframework is up to date and repaired just in case after the last CTD. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

@tdohrer Try disabling RealGlass, if it is enabled (Add-ons > Real Glass) There's an issue with this, that has just been fixed by TFDi and I'm sure it will be rolled out to Aerosoft soon, but in the meantime, fly with it disabled

• Developer
12 hours ago, Ferno said:

@tdohrer Try disabling RealGlass, if it is enabled (Add-ons > Real Glass) There's an issue with this, that has just been fixed by TFDi and I'm sure it will be rolled out to Aerosoft soon, but in the meantime, fly with it disabled

This is no TrueGlass (it's RealLight, but TrueGlass) error. That would be in the G3D/DirectX 12 area.

@tdohrer Do you remember what you did when this crash occured?

I was in cruise getting close to airport

Wanted to check to see how far TOD was, clicked range didnt use scroll wheel to extend it out. Moved my view around in the cock pit to center on the pfd then it frooze and crashed. Right clicked to move view then moved mouse.

I thought I'd chime in as well. Aerosoft CRJ Pro in v5. Tried the same flight twice with the CRJ, one time crashed as I was changing the graphics settings (HDR Brightness), the other as I was climbing out reaching my cruise altitude. Exactly same crash: g2d.dll with a .NET crash as well, pretty same error messages as posted above. So, for me it doesn't seem to relate to a particular thing that I'm doing. And I did the same flight today with the PMDG 737NGXu without any issues. A solution would be most welcome... FYI, I installed v5.1 HF1 fresh, though the CRJ is not the only addon installed. I have several aircraft addons and a lot of scenery. This flight, EKCH-EKYT, the active scenery would have been OrbX Global and openLC EU addons, with FlyTampa KCH and Vidan Design EKYT. I also have AIG's traffic, some custom traffic (however it is mostly concentrated in the middle east), and I was running Little NavMap and Active Sky. However, let me emphasize: I just did the same flight (though different time and weather) with the PMDG 737NGXu without issue, running all the same software and addons.

As for TrueGlass, I was initially suspicious this might be it, but it doesn't seem TrueGlass got installed on my setup. I read somewhere that on systems where v4 and v5 are both installed, sometimes TrueGlass gets installed into v4 for whatever reason. So, given that TrueGlass was not installed for me in v5, it can't be the issue... (But then it seems we already agree on that anyway!)

• Developer

Well, it's well known that the P3D v5 does have issues with Trueglass (or the other way round). Unfortunately this is completely outside of what we can fix. You should see a sub-menu "Trueglass" in the Add-ons menu if it's installed in P3D. Normally this is automatically done by the installer. The menu contains a function to disable Trueglass btw.

7 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Well, it's well known that the P3D v5 does have issues with Trueglass (or the other way round). Unfortunately this is completely outside of what we can fix. You should see a sub-menu "Trueglass" in the Add-ons menu if it's installed in P3D. Normally this is automatically done by the installer. The menu contains a function to disable Trueglass btw.

But, as I mentioned, TrueGlass is not installed, so it can't possible be the issue :) There is also no TrueGlass submenu in the addons menu. But, in your previous post you yourself already rules TrueGlass as being the culprit...? Any idea what could be the issue?

• Developer

No, other than TrueGlass, I don't know what it could be. I haven't gotten any reports about G2D crashes on the CRJ so far nor did I come across any myself, so it's at least unlikely that this is related (although not impossible).

I found this on the P3D forums: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139015

The short version of a long thread is: The guy fixed it by disabling godrays in the graphics settings. OK, the thread is half a year old and pre-dates P3D v5.1, but I think it's worth a try anyway.

Unfortunately I had never had these enabled :D I might try a flight with Active Sky, as well as at a default airport. Perhaps one of these causes the crash, even though I do not have issues with the PMDG 737NGX.

Archived