CRJ Professional lingering issues

TKlemm

Since installing the CRJ Professional I've had, among other issues, the following:

*The power setting in Manual CRZ mode is constantly fluctuating. I can set the power to where the airspeed is stable, leave the room, come back 10 mins later, and the airspeed has dropped off more than 10 kts. The power setting (N1) is still indicating where I left it, but when I advance the power levers, the indicated power setting (N1) actually drops before increasing. Let me add, this happens only on the CRJ Professional and no other P3D addons I have.

*The FMS does a bad job of tracking the route. Sometimes, right in the middle of a leg, it will start making a turn in the opposite direction, as if trying to return to the previous waypoint. When negotiating turns, it constant banks steep and shallow, trying to hold the course. Just not very smooth. 

*If any changes are made to the flight plan after it is executed, the TOD (top of decent) indication disappears.

*It STILL overshoots the selected heading in HDG mode.

Frame rates drop/stuttering, especially when making turns, even in default airports with no custom scenery. Again, the only P3D addon in my hanger that does this.

I see the developer has moved on to P3D V5 and FS2020. Will there be any future updates for the CRJ Professional for P3D V4.5 or should we consider the project abandoned? 

P3d V4.5 Windows X

Nvidia RTX 2080 with 8GB GDDR6
Intel Eight Core i-9 9900KF @ 5.0GHz
Intel Z390 Chipset Motherboard
32 Gigabytes of DDR-4 3600MHz RAM (supports up to 64GB)
2 Terabyte Solid State Hard Drive at 1800MB/s (SSD)

• 3 weeks later...
On 17.12.2020 at 02:55, TKlemm sagte:

Since installing the CRJ Professional I've had, among other issues, the following:

*The power setting in Manual CRZ mode is constantly fluctuating. I can set the power to where the airspeed is stable, leave the room, come back 10 mins later, and the airspeed has dropped off more than 10 kts. The power setting (N1) is still indicating where I left it, but when I advance the power levers, the indicated power setting (N1) actually drops before increasing. Let me add, this happens only on the CRJ Professional and no other P3D addons I have.

I'm only a user of the CRJ and can't help regarding the other issues, but I'm not sure whether the above described is really an issue. To me, it's self-evident that you have to stay in the room and constantly adjust thrust in the CRJ if you want to maintain a certain airspeed at all times. Wind conditions can change at any time during flight, including cruise, so airspeed will change all the time as long as you don't counter that by according thrust settings, due to the lack of autothrust in the CRJ.

And I think that a very short drop of N1 numbers before they increase is not all that worrying, I think that (depending on the thrust lever quadrant you use) it's not unusual that there's a certain lack of precision as soon as you push or pull the thrust lever only very slightly. I believe I have witnessed that effect in every P3D plane I had to control by manual thrust so far. Maybe one can counter the effect by changing the sensibility of the thrust lever in the according P3D menu or via FSUIPC, but I haven't tried it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 8:42 PM, FWAviation said:

I'm only a user of the CRJ and can't help regarding the other issues, but I'm not sure whether the above described is really an issue. To me, it's self-evident that you have to stay in the room and constantly adjust thrust in the CRJ if you want to maintain a certain airspeed at all times. Wind conditions can change at any time during flight, including cruise, so airspeed will change all the time as long as you don't counter that by according thrust settings, due to the lack of autothrust in the CRJ.

And I think that a very short drop of N1 numbers before they increase is not all that worrying, I think that (depending on the thrust lever quadrant you use) it's not unusual that there's a certain lack of precision as soon as you push or pull the thrust lever only very slightly. I believe I have witnessed that effect in every P3D plane I had to control by manual thrust so far. Maybe one can counter the effect by changing the sensibility of the thrust lever in the according P3D menu or via FSUIPC, but I haven't tried it.

I know how it's supposed to work. Wind conditions will effect ground speed more than airspeed. Temperature and density altitude changes are more apt to affect airspeed than wind direction. The instability of the power setting happens only on this model and no other P3D models I have. It's a design issue. I can walk away from other non-autothrottle aircraft and while the ground speed may fluctuate, the TAS and N1/N2 power setting remains stable. I could probably live with having to ride the throttles if the other issues were addressed. But it appears the developer has abandoned support for P3D V4 and moved on to newer platforms. Version 2.2.0.0 is as good as it's going to get.

Archived