EFB : A320 PROFESSIONAL : ALTERNATIVE SUGGESTION

quentcor

Good day Mathijs,

I know the EFB topic has been closed, but I'd like to make a suggestion to appease those who do not want the EFB in their cockpit.

Before the later updates of the A320 Professional, I recall flying a model version, which did not have the EFB in the virtual cockpit. This was not so long ago, perhaps before version 1.3.1.0, so maybe the 64 bit model files are still accessible from what must be an extensive development data base.

My suggestion is that the non-EFB model files be included in Aerosoft's free downloads, so that those who want them, can download them and replace the latest model files which do contain the EFB. The files could be named "Model.Non-EFB", so that their use can be set in the aircraft.cfg file, as an option.

If this is possible, it might be a quick work around to put a smile on the faces of those, who don't like the EFB.

Best wishes for the festive season and the new year.

Quentin

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, quentcor said:

Good day Mathijs,

I know the EFB topic has been closed, but I'd like to make a suggestion to appease those who do not want the EFB in their cockpit.

Before the later updates of the A320 Professional, I recall flying a model version, which did not have the EFB in the virtual cockpit. This was not so long ago, perhaps before version 1.3.1.0, so maybe the 64 bit model files are still accessible from what must be an extensive development data base.

My suggestion is that the non-EFB model files be included in Aerosoft's free downloads, so that those who want them, can download them and replace the latest model files which do contain the EFB. The files could be named "Model.Non-EFB", so that their use can be set in the aircraft.cfg file, as an option.

If this is possible, it might be a quick work around to put a smile on the faces of those, who don't like the EFB.

Best wishes for the festive season and the new year.

Quentin

Not possible. It’s not only to have those files. There is also some code in the model. It would require to keep an large amount of different model files at current state which need also to be exported each time of an update.

Will not happen, sorry.

Archived