Release - DHC-6 Twin Otter X

@sicardp: It has been said many times now, no that is not planned. The Twotter is simply to complex to be ported over to FS2004 and Aerosoft is one of the few developers that actually embrace the FSX. I for one welcome that. Sorry mate, as it seems the Twotter will not land in FSX.

@helialpin: That's going to be one wild trip ;-)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@helialpin: That's going to be one wild trip ;-)

yes, it´ll take some time but I think it´ll be more comfortable than my real time flight with the Bell 206 from Austria to Hood River or with the Grumman Goose from Austria to Sitka. Only the greenland-iceland-Scottland legs are a little bit frustrating! :lol:

Hello,

What about the Anphibian version, is there really not one of those? This is the only otter version I've ever flown from the Lago Twotter. I live in Florida, and there is no other version to fly here other than the Anphib. Please make one and I'll be a happy camper.

See ya, Rockitglider

I second the motion! It was the first thing I looked for -- after buying it. I do a lot of flying in (virtual) Alaska, where an amphib is an absolute MUST.

Whenever you get around to it, it'll be appreciated, that's for sure!

• Aerosoft

I second the motion! It was the first thing I looked for -- after buying it. I do a lot of flying in (virtual) Alaska, where an amphib is an absolute MUST.

Whenever you get around to it, it'll be appreciated, that's for sure!

Sorry, not planned. For an aircraft this size an amphibious gear is very heavy and takes out a lot of performance and payload. So it is not very common.

A lot of people isn't agree with you and it's pity don't plan a release for FS2004.

You don't have to think yourself .Some people haven't money enought and would like enjoy a new addon as DHC6 .You have to think for everybody and not for yourself alone.

Simmers haven't of appriorism.

With regards

Sicard

I think thats not a matter of "not willing to" more "not possible to do so". The FS9 market is shrinking and the Twotter is too complex modelwise to be ported over to FS9 easily. So it would be a "new" model for the "old" sim and that may be not wise idea from an economic standpoint. Besides, I know how you feel. I've seen a lot of good FS9 only addons (like the great SCDS Yak-40) I'd love to buy for FSX but can't. That is unfortunately happening from time to time.

The lack of an amphib version is, even if I'd love to see one myself, understandable. Somewhere you have to draw a line on chose which model will be done for release and which won't. And after release the main thing should be bug fixing. That is what is done atm and I highly appreciate that. That has absolutely nothing to do with selfishness.

• Aerosoft
A lot of people isn't agree with you and it's pity don't plan a release for FS2004.

You don't have to think yourself .Some people haven't money enought and would like enjoy a new addon as DHC6 .You have to think for everybody and not for yourself alone.

Simmers haven't of appriorism.

With regards

Sicard

Well Sicard, as I actually can see our sales results and you can't, I think my judgment is a bit more funded on actual data. If you can guarantee me 35.000 sales of FS2004 aircraft this year I would gladly get people back on FS2004 development, but I guess that's not going to happen.

That has nothing to do with me, I work for Aerosoft, not for myself. In the any decision is based on money. Sales for FS2004 addons is just not high enough to warrant any development in that area. Some of our external developers might decide different (and for scenery development is IS more complex), but for our internal aircraft development all FS2004 work has stopped since summer last year.

But apart from the commercial aspect, FS2004 simply can not handle an aircraft of this complexity, it really is that simple. For other projects we are working on we would ONLY be able to compile the undercarriage as that contains as many polygons as FS2004 will accept.

Ok

I understand your point of view and your commitments,and others technical problems.

I understand but i am dispointed . For many simmers FS2004 isn't over for many raisons (directx ) as a bit Vista against XP.

All go too fast.

Thanks a lot for your work

All the best

Patrick

Mathijs probably can't say this for other reasons...

But can I say this?

There is a Twin Otter for FS2004 - the Lago one...

Oops, I just did :oops:

OK, it is pretty old now, but still "pretty". You might still find it on sale at one of the other shops - with any luck. But at least it is a Twotter...

Mathijs probably can't say this for other reasons...

But can I say this?

There is a Twin Otter for FS2004 - the Lago one...

Oops, I just did :oops:

OK, it is pretty old now, but still "pretty". You might still find it on sale at one of the other shops - with any luck. But at least it is a Twotter...

I'm glad you said this Chris - because I was about to say it also... :D

Sorry, not planned. For an aircraft this size an amphibious gear is very heavy and takes out a lot of performance and payload. So it is not very common.

I guess I'm the only person asking for this version? Well that's too bad. You can count at least one unhappy customer on this one :x Maybe I'll like the Glider better when it comes out.

See ya, Rockitglider

Hey hey, just got my Twotter... I found plenty new Canadian sceneries and mesh, and figured that the Twotter would be the perfect plane for these regions ;)

Screenshots coming as soon as I've tested it ;)

Here is my first flight with the Twotter...

Aerosoft, you did a great job ;)

The comments are in french ;)

Stationné à Yul (Dorval, Montréal)

twotter1.jpg

Décollage

twotter2.jpg

Survol de Montréal

twotter3.jpg

En route pour Québec...

twotter4.jpg

Depuis la cabine...

twotter5.jpg

Le tableau de bord ;)

twotter6.jpg

Le panel du haut

twotter7.jpg

Du traffic en approche sur Dorval (A340)

twotter8.jpg

Vu de ma manifique moustache :P

twotter9.jpg

twotter10.jpg

La suite arrive...

En vol toujours...

twotter11.jpg

Le fleuve Saint-Laurent

twotter12.jpg

Le pont de Québec et le pont Pierre-Laporte (merci à Gilles Gauthier pour son boulot ;) )

twotter13.jpg

La ville de Québec avec l'hotel Concorde et le Château Frontenac au loin

twotter14.jpg

Survol du Château

twotter15.jpg

Les chûtes Mont-Morency :D

twotter16.jpg

En approche sur la piste 6 (suis trop haut, mais mon objectif était de me poser à la moitié.... Le Twin Otter n'est pas un STOL* pour rien ;) )

twotter17.jpg

Après l'atterissage...

twotter18.jpg

Au parking

twotter19.jpg

Ce Twin Otter d'Aerosoft est super fun à piloter... Plus d'infos ici :

Il est super docile et peut se poser n'importe... J'ai bidouillé les fichiers pour avoir cette peinture avec des roues car les flotteurs sont pas top pour décoller du tarmac :P

Je pense que je suis pas prêt de me lasser de faire des petits vols avec :D

@ Rockitglider

You'd be surprised at how many people really wanted the amphib Twotter. Me too.

The main reason Aerosoft has for not doing it, is that there aren't many in the real world - the weight penalty is sometjing like two pax if I remember right.

I can understand that there will be a fair deal more work involved with mdls and animations. Maybe we can hope for a payware addon to the addon in a few months? Just because not many RW owners buy floats, it doesn't mean us simmers can't.

FSX is still a game, a hobby, plain fun, simulation... So we make some fictional floatywheelers!

I'd give 5 Euros for an amphib addon. You only need to make an mdl file - I'll do all the changes to the aircraft configs to add amphotters if you want. As far as the performance difference goes, the dev knows how the -100 floaty differs from the wheely...

repeat it and tweak it.

@ Rockitglider

You'd be surprised at how many people really wanted the amphib Twotter. Me too.

The main reason Aerosoft has for not doing it, is that there aren't many in the real world - the weight penalty is sometjing like two pax if I remember right.

I can understand that there will be a fair deal more work involved with mdls and animations. Maybe we can hope for a payware addon to the addon in a few months? Just because not many RW owners buy floats, it doesn't mean us simmers can't.

FSX is still a game, a hobby, plain fun, simulation... So we make some fictional floatywheelers!

I'd give 5 Euros for an amphib addon. You only need to make an mdl file - I'll do all the changes to the aircraft configs to add amphotters if you want. As far as the performance difference goes, the dev knows how the -100 floaty differs from the wheely...

repeat it and tweak it.

Agreed,

I'm not a complainer, in fact I don't think I have about any other product yet. I was just really looking forward to an anphibian, and I too would probly pay 5 Euros for one. I could care a les about real world weights on the twotters, I do it for fun not to train for real world flight. But whatever. Some you get your way, and some you don't.

See ya, Rockitglider 8)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
:) Any news on the Box/CD-Version release date? :)

Preordered and waiting

regards Dave

Tomorrow I will deliver the files to the cd guys, version 1.11 (and we'll have that online as well, some tweaks and the last issue sorted out. Can't say exactly how long it will take after that but at least something is in motion.

Hello Limp. Where did you find the cool wheeled Canadian Forces version? The only one I have in my package is the float version. I see #802 is depicted on ANet and the Canadian Forces website primarily as you show it here.

A general question to Aerosoft: Do the repaints created for version 1.10 fit 1.11? Thanks. BTW, I love this plane!

Spirit Flyer

Here is my first flight with the Twotter...

Aerosoft, you did a great job ;)

The comments are in french ;)

Stationné à Yul (Dorval, Montréal)

twotter1.jpg

Décollage

twotter2.jpg

Survol de Montréal

twotter3.jpg

En route pour Québec...

twotter4.jpg

Depuis la cabine...

twotter5.jpg

Le tableau de bord ;)

twotter6.jpg

Le panel du haut

twotter7.jpg

Du traffic en approche sur Dorval (A340)

twotter8.jpg

Vu de ma manifique moustache :P

twotter9.jpg

twotter10.jpg

La suite arrive...

En vol toujours...

twotter11.jpg

Le fleuve Saint-Laurent

twotter12.jpg

Le pont de Québec et le pont Pierre-Laporte (merci à Gilles Gauthier pour son boulot ;) )

twotter13.jpg

La ville de Québec avec l'hotel Concorde et le Château Frontenac au loin

twotter14.jpg

Survol du Château

twotter15.jpg

Les chûtes Mont-Morency :D

twotter16.jpg

En approche sur la piste 6 (suis trop haut, mais mon objectif était de me poser à la moitié.... Le Twin Otter n'est pas un STOL* pour rien ;) )

twotter17.jpg

Après l'atterissage...

twotter18.jpg

Au parking

twotter19.jpg

Ce Twin Otter d'Aerosoft est super fun à piloter... Plus d'infos ici :

Il est super docile et peut se poser n'importe... J'ai bidouillé les fichiers pour avoir cette peinture avec des roues car les flotteurs sont pas top pour décoller du tarmac :P

Je pense que je suis pas prêt de me lasser de faire des petits vols avec :D

...and here's the question:

Will the textures on the F-16 be of higher resolution/quality? Also, the Otter paint kit has grouped and locked layers that make repainting it correctly very difficult. Any chance of getting a version of the paint kit that does not have grouped layers that won't permit modifications?

Kent 8)

• Aerosoft
...and here's the question:

Will the textures on the F-16 be of higher resolution/quality? Also, the Otter paint kit has grouped and locked layers that make repainting it correctly very difficult. Any chance of getting a version of the paint kit that does not have grouped layers that won't permit modifications?

Kent 8)

The textures will be more dense (demanding more graphic memory as well), nothing yet decided on the paint kit though.

Hello Limp. Where did you find the cool wheeled Canadian Forces version? The only one I have in my package is the float version. I see #802 is depicted on ANet and the Canadian Forces website primarily as you show it here.

A general question to Aerosoft: Do the repaints created for version 1.10 fit 1.11? Thanks. BTW, I love this plane!

Spirit Flyer

Hi Spirit Flyer,

I tweaked around the files to get that result... I'll have to redo it since I just installed 1.11 update and didn't backup my changes.

It's quite easy to do...