Question Regarding Auto DSF Visibility

Richdem

• Developer

Hi Richard,

Auto DSF Visibility changes the DSF visibility at low altitude, you can specify high and low altitude visibility values as well as the altitude for the change to happen. The default values are pretty useful without killing your visuals and the idea behind this is getting higher FPS at low altitudes to compensate (somewhat) for airport performance impact on landings. If your FPS are fine without the auto visibility feature just switch it off.

Greetings,

Agi

3 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

Hi Richard,

Auto DSF Visibility changes the DSF visibility at low altitude, you can specify high and low altitude visibility values as well as the altitude for the change to happen. The default values are pretty useful without killing your visuals and the idea behind this is getting higher FPS at low altitudes to compensate (somewhat) for airport performance impact on landings. If your FPS are fine without the auto visibility feature just switch it off.

Greetings,

Agi

Thank you for the reply,

I just updated to the release of 11.50 and to be honest haven 't been that impressed with Vulkan, especially in the FF A320 and was trying to squeeze a little better performance. Most of the time I can achieve 60FPS but the A320 is the hardest plane on the sim I own.

One other question, when you change the cloud preset from say Fast Clouds to AS does it actually change the textures installed in X-Plane? I am a little confused on that as I see there is an option to change the actual cloud textures. Changing the cloud preset definitely changes the look of the sim 

• Developer

The presets don't change textures, the AS preset is designed to be used with AS cloud textures which have to be installed through the ASXP program itself. There is a button to install textures in the clouds menu in the lower row of buttons - this will install a cloud set provided by Willzah and also create a backup of your previously installed textures but you have to do this manually because I don't want FTU to mess around in your X-Plane and do anything invasive so FTU changes only DataRefs as long as you don't use the texture installation button.

59 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

The presets don't change textures, the AS preset is designed to be used with AS cloud textures which have to be installed through the ASXP program itself. There is a button to install textures in the clouds menu in the lower row of buttons - this will install a cloud set provided by Willzah and also create a backup of your previously installed textures but you have to do this manually because I don't want FTU to mess around in your X-Plane and do anything invasive so FTU changes only DataRefs as long as you don't use the texture installation button.

Thank you for the answer

I appreciate you taking the time.

Stay safe

Archived