A330 elevator flutter at cruise altitude

dekker

I first came across this problem today 11 dec 2020.flight fron yssy to vhhh.I could hear this clicking noise but could not see

what was causing it.looking around the flight deck it was the trim wheel doing it.Never had this before.Looking outside

i could see the elevators fluttering.Didnt know how to fix it.then five hours into the flight,the first officer from fs2crew

made an annoucement about baro ref.Dont know why he would refer to that @ fl360.Anyway after that call,the trim wheel

stopped clicking and no more elevator flutter.So i think that problems with the bussus are nearly always caused by addons.

Any comments are welcome.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello dekker,

What computer specs do you have? Is your simulator maintaining always more than 18fps.

There is a known limitation that if your fps falls below 18fps even for a split second it can cause the flight controls to flutter.

Thanks for your responce.I78700k CPU overclocked to 5.0ghz.RTX 2070 video card.monitor refresh rate @ 30 hrz.

Never falls below 30 fps only at some airports.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Alright thanks. Yeah with those computer specs you should have no problems running our aircraft. So far we have been able to connect the mentioned flutter behavior with cases where the fps drops below 18. We don't know any other cases where this has been happening when fps has been sufficient.

Did it only happen on this one flight or are you able to recreate it on other flights? If it was just that one flight, it could have been simply one-off event that I wouldn't be too worried about.

Yes i think you may be right.Its only happened once and ive got lots of addons.

thanks for your help.Can always count on aerosoft for problems we may encounter.

Archived