Hi all, 

I don't fly since 2016 or before. I have an i7-2600k processor which is a very old one with more or less 8 years. I stopped in FSX with all addons like Aerosoft, Orbx, FlyTampa, PMDG, AI Traffic, Weather programs and so on. Never used P3D...

I want to be back to flightsim, maybe with both P3Dv5 and MSFS, which means I need a new system. No money problems, but if I can stay between 2000 and 3000 euros as a final price, that would be ideal... For this price, I am just counting CPU, Videocard, Motheboard, Memory, Storage devices (at least one for OS and another one Flightsim and other things), Cooling, Case, Power Supply and minor needed things. Sound card of monitor are out of this budget because I also work with sound/video which means I need to invest something in this area.

Advices needed, especially about the difficult decisions like AMD Ryzen 5900X or Intel i9-10900K, Radeon 6800X or RTX 3080, and so on...

Maybe I would like to go to 4k resolution. Tell me your advices on this as well.   

And another issue is that I would prefer if the CPU is used like it comes which means no overclocking. Although I would like to see advices for both yes or no overclocking. I had a vey good experience with OC my last system myself but after some months blue screens were coming, more and more with the time, to the point that I could not open my very heavy FSX with "thousand" addons.

Here is a possible possible list:

Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor / AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor

Corsair H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler / Noctua NH-U14S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler

Asus ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard / Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard

G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory        

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive        

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive    

Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card    

Thermaltake Versa J22 ATX Mid Tower Case    

Corsair TXM Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply    

Asus TUF Gaming VG289Q 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor

Suggestions are welcome! Also a suggestion of a shop where I can find the videocard because it is not available in many countries...

Thanks,

NO  

• Deputy Sheriffs

I moved your topic as it is not really sim related. Questions like yours have already ben discuused multiple times. Simply read a bit through this froum and you will get a lot of suggestions.

23 minutes ago, mopperle said:

I moved your topic as it is not really sim related. Questions like yours have already ben discuused multiple times. Simply read a bit through this froum and you will get a lot of suggestions.

Moved to where? Well, I am not following the forum since a long time ago... So, I could imagine that this question was answered a lot of times...

That sounds like a reasonable Setup!

The catch is wether he wants to build his tower on his own or not. That has a huge impact on the price (obviously).

If he orders the parts and pays someone he knows to build it, that'd be the best solution ;)

3 hours ago, FighterFlight said:

That sounds like a reasonable Setup!

The catch is wether he wants to build his tower on his own or not. That has a huge impact on the price (obviously).

If he orders the parts and pays someone he knows to build it, that'd be the best solution ;)

I already built my last setup... Should not be very difficult...

• 2 months later...

Hello Harpsi, 

I think that you have very good software and hardware list. The most common problems of computers with simulators, is that they actullay cant run simulators unless that thy are very complex and with the latest technology, which translates into a hige money investment. 

I would recomend yout to buy the Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor. Why? Well I have had experiences with intel and with AMD processors. And my experince with the intel processor has been the best one at the moment, with the AMD not really. At least for me, at a start the AMD processor responede very well but it decreased its processing speed faster than other processors. So yes, I would recommend you to he the intel processor. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 3:20 PM, george2322 curtis said:

Hello Harpsi, 

I think that you have very good software and hardware list. The most common problems of computers with simulators, is that they actullay cant run simulators unless that thy are very complex and with the latest technology, which translates into a hige money investment. 

I would recomend yout to buy the Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor. Why? Well I have had experiences with intel and with AMD processors. And my experince with the intel processor has been the best one at the moment, with the AMD not really. At least for me, at a start the AMD processor responede very well but it decreased its processing speed faster than other processors. So yes, I would recommend you to he the intel processor. 

Videocards are almost unavailable at the moment. I had the possibility to buy RTX 3070 but it would be slow even with this processor. I was expecting some opinions about 6900 XT but received none until this moment, except that for MSFS those radeon videocards are not good... Is that so?

Archived