TO Config check not responding

GeoffB

I have Airbus 1.4.1.0. All of a sudden the TO config button is responding correctly. I get a warning chime when the button is depressed despite all systems being green in the memo. i've been using this for a long timme and never had this issue previously. There was a Wiondows update recently; could that be the cause?

Geoff 

• Deputy Sheriffs

One of the most common reasons is the trim not being in range or parking brake being set when the takeoff config test is confirmed. Did you check these?

Takeoff config is an additional background check of the systems that works as an addition for the items listed on the ECAM takeoff MEMO and checks for various systems in the background that are not listed on this memo.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Unfortunately I am not able to recreate the issue myself currently. All my takeoff config tests were fine.

Just in case to rule out that it's any item that you are missing, could you run through the preflight up to takeoff with the checklists option enabled.

On top of the parking brake and the trim setting there are few other items such as flap setting, speedbrake setting, rudder trim, doors etc. that are being checked during the takeoff config test. So just make sure that there are no anomalies anywhere and everything is set correctly and in their correct range.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Let me also add, keep the TO Config Test button pressed and check the ECAM MEMO. Not just a single fast click, else you won't be able to read the MEMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Tthe warning in the MCDU indicated trim/CofG error.

I use the Aerosoft fuel planner to load the aircraft and found that the reset button in the lower left section of this interface  had become unselected. Re-selected it and test flight went Ok.

Thanks for interest and responses above

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, GeoffB said:

Tthe warning in the MCDU indicated trim/CofG error.

I use the Aerosoft fuel planner to load the aircraft and found that the reset button in the lower left section of this interface  had become unselected. Re-selected it and test flight went Ok.

Thanks for interest and responses above

That memo indicates a mismatch of the CG/Trim on trimwheel, perf TO page and current CG (lower right Status display or fuel pred page).

All 3 have to match more or less.

Archived