RFC LIDO CHARTS from NDP - are they getting updated ?

speedyabz

Just curious - running NDP on a Mac, and wondering if the RFC enroute charts are still getting updated. Most are late 2019 or March/April 2020. I know aviation has been at a standstill more or less since covid-19, but I see that (real) Jepp enroute charts continue to be updated, as do Navblue, so I assume there are airspace changes etc that LIDO would also need to update.

The airport charts are updating normally - but I do wonder about the RFC's.

Any info would be helpful and appreciated - many thanks!! Stay safe.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Aerosoft can only publish, what they get from Lido (Lufthansa Systems). And if they decide that it is not necessary for various reasons there is no Update. But TBH I myself used enroute charts extremly rarely for flightplanning.

Thanks for the prompt response - I just wanted to be sure I was not making some error in the monthly update.

That being said,  Aerosoft advertise the NDP/Lido subscription as, and I quote the website ".With NavDataPro Charts Aerosoft will expand the regular update service to the airport and enroute charts.....(data) are supplied by Lufthansa Sytems and are used in real world aviation by more than 180 airlines throughout the world. The chart data will be updated monthly. Every time the user logs in he will get access to the up-to-date charts automatically......"

I think a fair expectation from the consumer is that from the product description given, both aerodrome and enroute charts would get monthly updates. If Aerosoft does not get monthly RFC updates (as you explain), perhaps the wording could be changed to clarify that airport charts are updated monthly, with only "occasional" updates to RFC data.

Like in real flying, in my sim flying I do use the RFC's for planning.

Could a request be made by Aerosoft to Lido for an update of the RFCs ?

Thank you,

Paul.

Mathijs, thank you.

I am asking specifically about RFC's.

My original post did not mention monthly updates of anything - your own website (quoted earlier), however, does, hence my previous comment.

I am merely checking that, given some errors in your update process in the past, that there was not a similar error with the current RFC files, as, on my system, not a single RFC has updated since the AIRAC cycle closest to April 2020. Even in a pandemic, I find that odd, given the fairly regular RFC changes of the past, and given that both Jepp and NavBlue have updated various enroute chart coverage areas since April.

In summary, all I am asking is whether my RFC's (the most recent of which are March/April 2020) are the same as the latest update (December 2020).

Respectfully,

Paul.

• 2 months later...

Thanks again for doing a great job in providing LIDO aerodrome charts - these are presented well through all platforms I have tried. I am still curious though why the RFC's (enroute charts) have had no update to them since April/May of last year. Through work, I have seen LIDO RFC's that are more recent, as well as new enroute charts from Jepp and NavBlue, all much more recent. What would be the reason my NDP LIDO RFC's no longer update. You are indeed receiving updated data for airports from LH, but there does appear to be almost a year lag in enroute updates. I know not every RFC updates monthly - far from it, but to go almost 12 months without "new" RFC's seems odd.

I would really appreciate it if that could be looked in to - maybe I'm not doing the update right, or using the wrong version of the App (I run on MAC).

Thank you kindly for your time.

Best regards,

Paul.

On 3/8/2021 at 8:02 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I will ask about this. 

Thank you very much - I would be most grateful if you could advise of any answer you find out.

Best Regards

Paul

Hi Mathijs - just curious if you have been able to check on this (whether LH Lido enroute charts are getting updated....most recent enroutes in the NDP app seem to have stopped getting updated about 1 year ago. If it helps, I can confirm many "real" Lido enroute charts have updated since then).

Thank you again for your willingness to look in to this  - appreciated.

Regards,

Paul.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 8:02 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I will ask about this. 

Any answer at all on this? The enroute charts are getting out-dated....previously, they updated regularly - since May 2020, I do not see any updated enroute charts being updated. It would be useful to know if we can expect an update, or if this is no longer to be done.

Thank you very much,

Paul.

Archived