Ram for aerosoft a320

aero321

Hello everyone, I have the AS a320/21 X extended for fsx.  The thing is that the a320 keeps crashing on my desktop. I think it is a problem of RAM. But 8gb Ram is enough to run the a320 as per the system requirements. Does anyone of you know what the problem is? Because i think i will have to upgrade 16gb of Ram to fly this plane I have 8gb of Ram on my computer

32bit applications (flagged for using more than standard  memory) on Windows 64 can allocate max. 4GB RAM only. FSX is a 32bit app. On 32bit Windows it is less than 4GB, mostly 3,2GB or less. 

Start FSX, load A320 and let it fly. Open Taskmanager and look for needed RAM for FSX. Is it near or above 3GB you are in the near of CTD. 

No enhanced RAM will help in this situation. Only lower your FSX environment, remove/disable RAM hungry addons like ORBX.

Your best bet will be an upgrade to 64Bit simulator. But you will loose some/all of your old addons for FSX.

Good luck

-Uwe

Thank you i will do it but P3d v5 , Do you know how much Ram it will take because i am planning to move to p3d. I have windows 8.1 64-bit. Many people use 16gb Ram pc to run P3d. So if you have an idea if it will work on my pc please can you tell me?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please visit the Prepar3D website for details about the system requirements.

Your current setup will not work:

- you are using an outdated version of Windows, which is no longer supported by Microsoft

- most modern addons incl. P3Dv5 require minimum Windows 10 1809 or even higher in its latest version

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived