Heathrow p3d v5 Dynamic lights

flywap

Hi,

On p3d v5.1 hf 1 the dynamic lights appear to be too bright. I'm using v2 of mega airport Heathrow professional & with HDR lighting turned off, I've also tried turning off the dynamic lights off in the Heathrow control panel but they still seem to be on - the DYN files in the scenery folder are showing off for all 4 areas.

The flight deck image attached is with the dome & panel flood lights off - it seems the airport dynamic lights are causing the brightness.

Please could you assist?

Thanks

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

When you switch off all Dynlights in the Configtool and you have still Dynlights at the apron, then you should check, if there is another addon still activ for this area, which generate Dynlights. The Sim-wings Scenery could not light the apron and you cockpit, when Dynlight files are *.off

Hi Oliver,

The only other addon I have in that area is Orbx true earth, I had alredy set to .off the true earth egll files & haven't found any dyn files

• Developer

User the Egllconfig tool and deregister Heathrow, then check if the default airport is back and if there are still dynlights active. Normally the apron and your aircraft should be dark.

I will check the airport tomorrow, if LM has killed something with HF1 here.

Hi Oliver,

Sorry I made a mistake earlier - I used the v4 version of the egll config to turn off the dyn lights. Now used the v5 config tool & the dyn lights are now off

• Developer

Attached you find two Effect files, where the dynlights are darker now.

Unzip them into the Effects folder below your "Sim-wings London Heathrow Professional V5" Addon folder.

The cockpit is always lighted, when you are in the area of a dynlight, because the body of the aircraft will not block the light effect. The Sim has no "Shadows" in dynlighting.

If the lights are not fitting to your needs, you can change the intensity easy by editing the Effects yourself, in both files "...ApronLight1-EGLL-E.fx" and "...ApronSpot1-EGLL-E.fx".

The Last parameter in the line

Color End=242, 198, 122, 80

here now "80" is the intensity. 0 = off, 255=max

So you can change this value as needed, but you need to restart the sim after every change to get the effect with the new intensity.

Darker Effects for sim-wings Heathrow in V5-1.7z

Archived