EDDF - RWY-Lights during foggy daytime

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

How can I switch on the EDDF runway lights during a foggy daytime landing? Is there a key-combination available how it is handled on other airports or what is required in settings? Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am talking about "Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Professional" version 2.0.2.0 and I am using P3D v5.1 HF1.......

• Developer

The lights will switch on at daytime, when the visibility is lower then 8000m or heavy rain or snow is exisiting at the airport.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I do not know what my previous conditions were, but just tried it again (setting the visibility in AS to below 8000m) and it worked well. Thanks!

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I believe you use the variable "E:TIME OF DAY,enum" to define the daytime. In connection with other users having problems with starting a certain checklist function (which also relies on this variable) I detected the following in P3D v5.1: When playing (sim is already completely loaded)  with the time option and / or reset to system time is used, the value for this variable sometimes is changed to "0" instead of 1, 2 or 3. This means also "0" should be a possible value in your program. After changing "1" to "1 or 0" the problems I had where solved. Maybe this was the reason why during my first flight the runway lights were OFF, even that the visibility was quite low.   

• Developer

E:TIME OF DAY is used, but only in a "OR" combi and !=1, which says that as long it is not 1=DAY it will switch the lights on, and if it is =1, all other weather related check will be also switch it on, when the values are in the correct range.

But, as always in this sim, you never know, if the internal values are realy set correct. The time preview slider for example will not change the E:TIME OF DAY, only when Apply is pressed, that's why the Runwaylight not switch on, when only the time is set by the slider.

In your case, the time of day was not the related issue. Maybe the weather was not in the correct range (in the values).

Archived