NDP v1.0.7.1 doesn't find network folder

rocher737

Hello!

I just changed from Navigraph to NavDataPro and wanted to use that on a different computer than my FSX machine.

However - I can define the FSX main folder as a network folder (path is displayed green) but not the iFly 737 NG within that FSX network folder.

It says: not found and the path remains red.

As I have other applications on my main computer I would like to run the Update on that computer only and not on my FS machine just for ifly.

There has been another post ("NDP v1.0.3.5 doesn't find network folder") earlier, seems that hasn't been fixed?

With the Navigraph Update Manager, the update on network machines worked without problems in my setup.

Thanks for help and regards

Ron

Thank you for your quick reply and help, very much appreciated!

By the way: In NavDataPro Charts it is not possible to keep the Favourites anymore (used to work in the old version).
The content in Kneeboard and Route is saved, but not the Favourite airports.

• Administrator

Hello Rocher737,

I remember this problem with an previous version of the NDP client,
but, to be honest,  I don’t remember what the solution was.
However, I tested it on my test system today without any problem to write the nav data to a connected network drive.
In principle it should work with the actual version 1.0.7.1 of the NavdataPro client.

As a work around you may try to install the navdata to a folder on your local HDD and copy it to the network drive manually.

Hello Guenter,

Thanks for your input! Good to hear that it's possible on your system.
I have tried with ESET Firewalls etc. deactivated, but no success. I have only Windows 7 PCs on my network...What are your specs?

@Mathijs:

Is there any plan to implement a synchronization of all Favourites/Kneeboards in NDP Charts accross devices? I.e. PC, Mobile, Tablet...

It should be easily possible with those data connected to a specific account.

Thanks and best regards

Ron

Hi Guenter, Thanks for looking into it.

Yes, copying the data manually works but is a bit uncomfortable. Especially as the Navigraph Update manager worked flawlessly across my network and I am so used to it. Still want to change over to NDP because I prefer LIDO charts a lot to Jeppesen.

Best regards,

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guenter and aerosoft Team,

It's weird - I can't even update my FS-FlightControl NavData on the same computer that NavDataPro is running.

See photo attached.

And I also don't find FSipanel and TOPCAT in the program list.

This means I will rather stick to the Navigraph NavData with their very good Update Manager (which is sad because I love your LIDO-Charts and use them instead of Navigraph's Jeppesen charts).

And worse - I have to spend some extra Euros on the Navigraph Data now which I wanted to avoid.

BTW - are they compatible in all means with your LIDO-charts?

Anyway maybe there will be a solution on your side.

Happy 2021 and stay safe

Best regards

Ron

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, rocher737 said:

I can't even update my FS-FlightControl NavData on the same computer that NavDataPro is running.

And what exactly is the problem?

Some files not found, don't get it. See Screenshot...

Also it wants to install for Prepar3d which I don't have.

I can't just tick FSX - doesn't make sense to me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, you have to download the file with the data for FSFlightControl. If the file is not present on your PC, of course you can not install it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 hours ago, rocher737 said:

Also it wants to install for Prepar3d which I don't have.

I can't just tick FSX - doesn't make sense to me.

That doesnt matter at all, as FSFlightControl is independent from any simulator and the data are installed into a single folder.

Thank you for your quick reply and Happy New Year!

I realised that was the problem, download first, then install...

I am so used to the Navigraph Update Manager where I just click once and everything gets done, very convenient I must say.

Still, there is the problem with not being able to access my networked ifly-Folder...Hope that can be sorted out.

Best regards

Ron

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 hours ago, rocher737 said:

Still, there is the problem with not being able to access my networked ifly-Folder...

And what exactly is the problem here?

I can define the FSX main folder as a network folder (path is displayed green) but not the iFly 737 NG within that FSX network folder.

It says: not found and the path remains red, although I can access that folder directly from the client computer (it's a shared folder)

As I have other applications on my client computer (like PFPX, FSFlightControl etc.)I would like to run the Update on that computer only and not on my FS machine just for ifly.

With the Navigraph Update Manager, the update on network machines worked without problems in my setup.

Best regards

Ron

Archived