Forum Update Complete

Hello folks,

As you can probably tell, we have now updated our forum layout to be more intuitive for new users. We have also implemented quite a few suggestions that have been brought up over the last few months. Here's a quick rundown of what's changed:

• Each language no longer has it's own section, instead, languages are now subforums of each category.
  • All announcement and preview categories have now been merged into one category so they are easier to view.
  • Announcement and preview posts now contain the prefix of the simulator the product is for.
  • A basic dark mode theme is now available. You can switch to this theme by using the theme selector at the very bottom of each page.
  • Some sections have been archived either due to extremely low use or the section no longer having a purpose.
  • The Microsoft Flight Simulator category now has a German sub category.
  • Each simulator is now displayed on the main index rather than clicking through many sub forums to get to them.

This is an update we have meaning to do for quite a while now, so we're glad we have finally managed to complete it. You may be asking why the forum layout changes were necessary, and it's mainly due to new users would often post in the wrong section due to how things were laid out (For example, having 3 announcement/preview sections). The main forum index is now also a lot more cleaner.

Over the coming days will we continue to improve the new layout by adding descriptions to each category and icons. You may also notice that some posts are out of place, this is mainly due to how over the years different sections have been moved about, while I have moved the majority, some very old posts may still be in the wrong place.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Hi Tom,

maybe you can change the subforum order in the german FSX&P3D part to „Flugzeuge, Scenery ...“ to have them in the same order as in the english part.

Just for the optic :) ... (and easier to click, when switching all the time between them, with my old eyes, lol)

But the structure is now better over all and the user will maybe now better find the correct forum for there language.

2 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Tom, maybe you can change the subforum order in the german FSX&P3D part to „Flugzeuge, Scenery ...“ to have them in the same order as in the english part.

Just for the optic :) ... (and easier to click, when switching all the time between them, with my old eyes, lol)

Thanks, never noticed that. It's now in the same order.

10 hours ago, laciair said:

Hallo Freunde !!!

Wo finde ich Neuerscheinungen und Updates?. Hab diese Seite Favoritisiert, aber kann sie leider nicht mehr erreichen.

LG Raimund LOWW

You mean this?

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/88-new-releases-and-updates/

The URL has changed, so you should delete it from your favorites and then re-add the correct one.

I'm struggling to find my way around the new forum structure. I can see that it is an improvement, or at least it's supposed to be. But I do miss the old forum structure where I knew my way almost blind. That's not yet the case in the new forum structure. Specially the fact that a folder can contain both topics and subfolders works confusing. You browse the folder and you see the subfolders, then you're inclined to think "this is it". It took me a while to figure out that I could scroll down to see the topics. Maybe it's better to put those topics in a subfolder as well, so that any folder contains either topics or subfolders but not both.

Hallo Patrick !!!

Diese Seite hab ich wohl gefunden, leider vermisse ich die Hinweise auf ein neues X-Plane Beta, welches im Vorigen Deutschen Forum noch vorhanden. Wenn es schon englisch sein muss, dann bitte aber auch alles vom deutschen "Neuerscheinungen und Updates" übernehmen.

LG Raimund LOWW