updater & A330 problem

For some unknown reasons i had CTDs with the A330 after the latest update of the A330 on P3D 4.5 HF3, so i decided to un/re-install the A330. The version i see in my account is 1010, so i downloaded and installed that (leaving the smaller busses untouched). After rebooting i started the updater with the following result (see picture) : wether i allow to install RAAS or reject (i do have the full version) i always end with '...installation aborted' and the updater hangs. I think the installer for RAAS is started twice: when 1020 is installed and again when 1030 is installed - since this happens before i even have time to answer the RAAS questions the '...locked.exe' is already there so the installation will fail... What to do ?

best regards,

Tom

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Before you run THe ASUPdater, did you check via the Taskmanager whether this process is already running in the background? If so, stop it and try again.

No, no updater process was running... Since the logs showed that everything went fine until 1.0.3.1 failed i corrected the as_a330_prof.xml in the 'Products' directory of the updater (it showed 1.0.1.0 despite the C:\aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional\Product.cfg showing 1.0.3.0). Then the updater installed 1.0.3.1 & 2 without problem and now everything is fine. You may close this thread, but when updating from 1.0.1.0 to 1.0.3.0 this may happen again (i don't think it's a problem with the updater but with the A330 update files, since both 1.0.2.0 and 1.0.3.0 tried to install the 'FS2Crew RAAS...Locked.exe' ).

best regards,

Tom

Archived