Runway is not being shown on Navigation Display

tk92

Dear Aerosoft,

I've used your whole Airbus series for quite a while and recently it came to my attention that for some reason the selected Runway is not shown on the Navigation Display anymore. In the screenshot below for example, Runway 25L in Frankfurt is selected in the FMC but instead, the airport is shown with a 'star' on the ND. Also, the missed approach procedures are gone, but are visible in the FMC. This happens to all airports, as well as the departure airport. I am 100% sure that a while ago, EDDF 25L would have been shown on the ND. Did I miss some sort of setting here?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Thomas

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello tk92,

Did you load the route from a flightplan file? If so, do you have realistic company route option enabled or disabled? Also if you did load from a file, did you manually select the approach or is it the one from the file?

Hello,

I have realistic company route disabled (I always had this) and I load the flightplan as exported from PFPX. This means, the runway is always already included in the file, but I do have to select the approach and STAR manually of course. 

On 12/2/2020 at 6:14 PM, Secondator said:

Hello tk92,

Did you load the route from a flightplan file? If so, do you have realistic company route option enabled or disabled? Also if you did load from a file, did you manually select the approach or is it the one from the file?

Affirm, every flightplan I load. BTW, there are two Navdata options when opening the FMC, and since the Navdata pro version was out of date and I use Navigraph, I deleted that folder and now I use Navigraph only. When opening the FMC for the first time, the default nav source is therefore 'empty', and I have to select the current AIRAC from Navigraph below to make everything work. It could have to do with this all maybe...

• Deputy Sheriffs

My apologies for being a bit unclear. I meant if you could send the flightplan file so that I could try to recreate this myself.

About the navdata: if you want to use Navigraph navdata on your aircraft by default you have to select it through the configurator. Whatever you have selected there will be your primary navdata source. There is no need to delete default navdata pro cycle that gets shipped with the aircraft. It will work as a secondary data cycle as long as you have Navigraph selected through the configurator.

Due to a crash in my system I reinstalled the A330 for P3dv5 and switched to navigraph as primary source, which removed the erratic 'missing Navdata' because I deleted that folder instead of switching it in the config. I can see all runways again now for some reason.... I guess this was the problem and I doubt if the flightplan files had to do with it. Just in case you might wanna check it out, I included it in this message!

Thank you for the help!

DTWFRA01.flp

Archived