[LEIB Ibiza] Remote parking 33 is asking for a jetway?

Er!k

I just made it into Ibiza... After landing I was hoping ATC to guide me into one of the parkings with a jetway, but even with a whole empty airport instructed me to gate 33, a remote stand. I parked there and want to select a ramp connection, to get a stairs to the aircraft. But the ATC menu asks for a jetway?

So 2 questions:

1. What is the logic behind which aircraft parks where? I would expect my Airbus to park at one of the gates with a jetway

2. Gate 33, and probably also other parking spots (have not tested this), asks for a jetway

Can this please be fixed?

Please login to display this image.

Yes, I think the first question is for Microsoft. The second question is a change in the parking type to make sure ramp connection is displayed instead of jetways.

There's a feature in SDK to connect mobile stairway to aircraft. FSDreamTeam Key West has this implemented since there are no jetways at the airport. Instead of asking for a jetway, it let's you request the stairs. A truck drives up and connects the stairs to the aircraft. Not sure if it may be something Sim-Wings could look at. @Mathijs Kokwould this be something you can please pass along to sim-wings? I was trying to find their forum on your website because their website redirects us here. 

• Developer

About the jetway/stair issue:

MSFS mandatorily demands for a jetway when making a "Gate" position. We tried to use stairs instead for the remote parkings, but those stairs were spread all over the airport and taxiways and did not remain where I placed them (and did not connect to the aircrafts anyway). So we decided to use a "dummy" for those PPs. Using RAMP is no solution as there are only ramp positions for LargeGA or Cargo. In the meantime MS has changed this policy a little bit and it is no more mandatory to enter a jetway, but will still cause a warning message.
Not adding a dummy could cause a CTD afaik.
So in the meantime it has to be like this untile MS finishes it´s SDK work in regards to parking positions. SDK ist still 0.8

• 4 months later...

Archived