Some considerations for "Follow Me" SAM extension

S3rg1o

So finally i've tested newest versions of SAM plugin and Follow me extension.

Again I used KLAX HD by Short Final Design aka MisterX6 for FM tests on both take off and parking guidances and i noticed the following:

1. If I choose a parking spot witch is close to runways 7L/25R and 7R/25L, I get the instant message saying "Current airport doesn't have any taxi network", but if I the aircraft is parked on spot on the oposite side of the airport near runways 6L/24R and 6R/24L the FM car spawns normaly, I can choose takeoff guidance to any runway using any holding point. I believe the taxi network error is again related to the existence of an helipad to the southest of the airport near ruwnays 7L/25R and 7R/25L. Once again I can't figure if it is a SAM or airport problem.

I did the same tests on some default airports and got no issues to report.

2. not interfering with the plugin functionality, both Dacia and the pickup truck have the roof lights off.

3. The FM vehicle disapears after takeoff guidance is completed, witch maybe it is intended by the dev team. In this case I would suggest to make it pulling to the left or right side of the holding point, depending on the final turn the aircraft does to align on the runway, and wait until it takes off.

Overall i'm very happy with the update and specialy with the adition of takeoff guidance! Well done!

Archived