A320 Pro Autopilot V/S Control

When autopilot engaged and a V/S mode descent rate is commanded, rolling the mouse-wheel forwards produces a climb.Rolling the mouse-wheel backwards produces a descent.

This seems entirely wrong to me - compare it to a trim wheel or, dare I say the V/S control wheel on Boeing aircraft, where rolling the real-world V/S control forwards produces a descent rate. In other words it is, to me, non-ergonomic. Is there any way I can alter the function and reverse the mouse-wheel action?

This is not anything to do with the real-world V/S control wheel on the Airbus as the real world control is a rotary switch where clockwise rotation producing a climb rate.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, John Pettit said:

When autopilot engaged and a V/S mode descent rate is commanded, rolling the mouse-wheel forwards produces a climb.Rolling the mouse-wheel backwards produces a descent.

This seems entirely wrong to me - compare it to a trim wheel or, dare I say the V/S control wheel on Boeing aircraft, where rolling the real-world V/S control forwards produces a descent rate. In other words it is, to me, non-ergonomic. Is there any way I can alter the function and reverse the mouse-wheel action?

This is not anything to do with the real-world V/S control wheel on the Airbus as the real world control is a rotary switch where clockwise rotation producing a climb rate.

Can't be modifed by the user. It's coded in the model. If we change that, we would have to change every rotary, to keep it inline in the complete VC. And that for all different VC models....big task. We keep it in mind for next releases.

Archived