A320 P3D 4.5HF3 - all CTD except one livery

lambourne

I have a problem with the Aerosoft A320 and I can't figure out what the cause is.

Whenever I start P3D v4.5 with A319/A320 v1.4.1.1 installed, the sim crashes when I try to start the scenario and fly. This happens with any aircraft selected (not just the Aerosoft A320 series) at any airport, both addon airports and default locations. HOWEVER - it will load and run with the BA A321 (G-EUXG) selected. This is also my default aircraft in the startup scenario. No other aircraft works at all.

If I uninstall the A320 package, the sim runs flawlessly and everything loads fine. The problem also occurs with A320 v1.3.1.0.

Repairing the P3D installation has made no difference. I have updated the Visual Studio redistributable to the latest version and there are no outstanding Windows/Microsoft updates except for the H2 2020 cosmetic one.

System information: Windows 10 build 19041, 64-bit; P3D v4.5HF3 (v34698); some Justsim and UK2000 airport addons; SODE is installed. I also have the Majestic Q400 installed.

10700k, RTX2070S, both modestly overclocked.

Windows Event Viewer records the faulting module as ucrtbase.dll.

30 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Hm..maybe it’s also the installed Trueglass and Reallight. Have you tried with deactivated dll in the gauges folder?

How do I do that?

I've just tried setting every graphics setting to off and every slider to its lowest position. This also failed to start the sim.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, lambourne said:

How do I do that?

I've just tried setting every graphics setting to off and every slider to its lowest position. This also failed to start the sim.

Change file ending the Trueglass.dll to Trueglass.off for example. Or just move it temporarily to another location.

Disabling both the Trueglass and Reallight DLLs didn't work either.

I can still load the BA A321 with or without Trueglass and Reallight but no other aircraft at all. Weirdly the Monarch A321 model, which is the exact same aircraft except for the livery, will not load.

Thanks for the help so far. What else can I try?!

I can copy some files from my installation and send them to you guys if that helps find the problem. So far I'm out of ideas.

It's very weird that whatever this problem is stops all other aircraft from loading except that particular A321. I tried to test if that was because it was the default aircraft but trying to save a new aircraft into the default scenario causes the sim to crash as well.

The aircraft preview on the scenario setup screen works OK, for what that's worth.

Further news: I removed all my Justsim addons, Active Sky & Cloud Art and the Majestic Q400, and on a whim I deleted Prepar3d.cfg. I then reinstalled the A319 (I have the A318/19 and A320/321 packages separately).

So far the Aerosoft buses are working OK, both versions 1.3.1.0 and latest version 1.4.1.1. I suspect deleting Prepar3d.cfg and letting the sim rebuild that was the key, but I'll progressively reinstall my other addons and if I run into problems again I'll post here.

Archived