Do the VDGS systems...work? [ENVA/EDDK]

SantaGrapes

Hi all

I've been struggling to get the VDGS systems included in these addons to actually work. I can get them to display (sometimes) when my Airport Vehicle Density is at 100% and I pre-set my arrival gate when flight planning, but all I see when I do arrive at the gate is just the time in UTC and nothing else.

Any help would be awesome! 

• Developer

Hi, if you have the latest version of these airports (1.03 for both) the VDGS should spawn automatically when ATC gives you the taxi instructions to your gate after arriving at the airport. (As long as the gate is equipped with a VDGS of course)

Thanks for the reply.

i have no trouble getting them to spawn, but it seems that they just display the UTC time and do not actively aid the parking process. Am I wrong in this? Are the VDGS systems animated and how do I use them to park correctly?

• Developer

They work the same way as the default marshallers, so you'll need to arrive at the airport and ATC needs to assign you a gate equipped with a VDGS and give you taxi instructions there for the "guidance-part" of the system to activate.
Do you see the marshaller and the rest of the ground equipment when you arrive at the airport, or are those missing as well?

below is a example where I do a pattern at ENVA, after "arriving" ATC directs me to a stand and the VDGS guidance activates.

Spoiler

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Aerosoft
vor 11 Minuten schrieb Jannis D.:

Will this ever work with VATSIM? We don't use the ingame ATC.

Hi,

have a look in here. This will come with the soon to be released Brussels. EDDK, ENVA and EDLP will get updates with those as well.

Archived