Malaga X FSX

SpottyMCapt

When I open the config box and try and adjust some of the settings  a warning box appears with a german text. I am not a german speaker so I don’t know what it is trying to tell me, but the changes I tried to make are rejected.The add on was a download and is v1.04 The Aerosoft configurator tool doesn’t recognise the software either. 

Photo 1 is the error message. Photo 2 is the aerosoft launcher showing Malaga. Other aerosoft airports I have bought all have full details.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And we have also the problem of the Installation path in general.

It‘s not recommend to install the sim and addons in the c:\program files (x86) folder.

That folder has special protections and often is the root cause of problems.

32 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And the Launcher is obsolete since many years for flightsim products.

The launcher was part of the installation package. If it is obsolete perhaps it needs removing from the download.

• Developer
13 hours ago, SpottyMCapt said:

Which tool are you referring to?

The Config.exe you try to use, which is in the ..\aersoft\MALAGA_AIRPORT Folder

And, this depends of the situation, that your addons are located below the protect windows program files folder, as Otto as stated above.

• Developer
29 minutes ago, SpottyMCapt said:

I bought this week the Holiday Airports and Corfu from you as downloads. The Aerosoft installer came with one of them probably the Holiday Airports. 

Very interesting, Simwings Malaga X was never a bundle with any other Addons, not with Corfu, which is a single Airport addon and not part of the Holiday Airports, which only include

Antalya (Türkei), Kos (Griechenland), Monastir (Tunesien), Faro (Portugal).

So maybe your Installer has another source.

I am currently reinstalling FSX as a new install into its own folder. It doesn’t like W10 but I am making very slow progress. I will download all of my purchases again from the Aerosoft shop and hopefully it will be a nice landing rather than a go-around..

• Deputy Sheriffs

I suggest, that after each install, you reboot your PC, run FSX and check that everyting is working. I know that this is time consuming, but in case of an error, it is far easier to track down the problem.

I went back to the pc and finally got fsx to install. The problem was a missing gameuxinstallerhelper causing the install to repeatedly fail. I have now installed Malaga X and it is working correctly. If Mathijs could send me some of his wine I think that I need a drink or two.

Archived