SAM Follow-Me not available at the airport

XPJavelin

Maybe the developer here had to become creative for some reason, like building not sitting correctly on your very dense mesh ? I have no idea, only guessing about the use of such a plugin... For sure I won't spend my time adding myself all the building in WED....

• Developer

Was not that hard... just tedious because of the elavtion adjustments. This hopefully makes it into a future update after the groundtraffic stuff is implemented so you can finally use this scenery yourself.

🙂

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2020 at 12:35 AM, FlyAgi said:

after the groundtraffic stuff is implemented

May we have some more information about that ?

I'v looked for information but I'm unable to find a clear synthetic post about it.

- I know that Aerosoft is in the process tu update their X-Plane scenery with a new ground traffic plugin, a dev told me.

- On the other hand I've read and seen the adaptation made. I remember I also tried to compile that (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/210452-groundtraffic-plugin-for-x1150-vulkan/) on my system, but for some unremembered reason it failed.

But it's unclear to me if there is an official release of ground traffic updated, and on top of that, available for GNU/Linux.

As a matter of fact, GT has never been available on Ubuntu for me (I removed all instances of the plugin manually), but I didn't care too much, since X-Plane offers it's own native airport traffic, to be drawn in WED. But it might be interesting for some specific sceneries.

Does anyone have the full story please ?

• Developer

Well... when talking about ground traffic updates I'm not talking about updating the old ground traffic plugin but about removing the old plugin and traffic completely and rebuilding the traffic from scratch using the native XP ground traffic concept which will also benefit from the SAM AirportVehicles addon if installed (especially regarding regionalized vehicles and custom airport specific liveries).

This solution has some advantages over just updating the outdated ground traffic plugin, the XP ground traffic is much easier to implement, it's capable of drawing much more vehicles and the routing is more randomized and less repetitive - as a result the airports feel more alive and populated than before. Further, this solution will also work on Mac and Linux and won't break on later X-Plane updates as it's completely native but the downside is that users will need the SAM AirportVehicles extension if they want to see regionalzed and airport specific vehicles (without the extension there is just the default US style XP ground traffic).

1 hour ago, FlyAgi said:

Well... when talking about ground traffic updates I'm not talking about updating the old ground traffic plugin but about removing the old plugin and traffic completely and rebuilding the traffic from scratch using the native XP ground traffic concept which will also benefit from the SAM AirportVehicles addon if installed (especially regarding regionalized vehicles and custom airport specific liveries).

This solution has some advantages over just updating the outdated ground traffic plugin, the XP ground traffic is much easier to implement, it's capable of drawing much more vehicles and the routing is more randomized and less repetitive - as a result the airports feel more alive and populated than before. Further, this solution will also work on Mac and Linux and won't break on later X-Plane updates as it's completely native but the downside is that users will need the SAM AirportVehicles extension if they want to see regionalzed and airport specific vehicles (without the extension there is just the default US style XP ground traffic).

Dear FlyAgi, thank you for your answer.

I strongly and firmly believed the native implementation of LR airport traffic is the reliable and sustainable way to go.

Now I just read you are embracing this way and this is a great decision from your side.

Congratulations on this Chania update ! Finally I can use it ! 🙂

It's well made..

Please login to display this image.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi I am also facing problems with finding routes to parking slot.

I have tried some airports with no success but since finding this post I have been testing with LIRF. I tried many different locations for the aircraft and many different parking slot and none of them are found. 

So I created a new flight placing the aircraft in a runaway and still no luck. 

I also tried deleting all apt cache files as instructed on this post and then reload xplane and test again with no luck. 

THese are the examples from LIRF but this happened with Barcelona, Zurich, Orlando and New York... those were the last airports I tried. Those are all default airports and if I understand correctly what is shown in WED it seems all routes are correct. 

Edit>>> Testing on a lot of airports now (those above again and some from Brazil).Everytime I just open the Sam window, I get the screen below saying the airport does not have routes. Then if I uncheck the "Show parking slots" chackbox then the parking positions are loaded but eveyone of othem gives errors. 

Also tried to regenerate apt.cache from inside Sam window.

Unfortunately the follow me plugin is useless right now :(

EDIT 2>>>>>>>>> Please this regard. Seeing on other foruns that there were newer versions available I realized my SAM was not updating at all ever since verion 2.04 for some reason and I never noticed before. Downloaded the new version, reactivates follow me and jetways and now everything is good. thanks