Simstarter NG to Simstarter NG P3D

martvl

Hello,

In June 2019 I bought Simstarter NG (version 19215) for my P3d 4.5 here at Aerosoft.

After being away from flightsimming for a while, I installed my P3D 4.5 again and looked for things to update. I found out that Simstarter NG is not available anymore and the latest version is now called Simstarter NG P3D.

There is no option to update to this new version. Do I have to buy this new version and pay the full price again?

Regards,

Mart

• Developer

Hi Mart,

you can still use SIMstarter NG for P3Dv4.5. We had a grace period to upgrade for a reduced price. In addition the software itself has informed the user that there is a new software called SIMstarter NG P3D.

Too bad that you where out of flightsimulation for that time. I would stay at SIMstarter NG in your case.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reaction, even if it is an answer I'm not happy with. Being a flightsimmer for many many years, this is the first time that I see a payware update with a reduced price for previous users is only available for a limited period.

As you say, to bad indeed.

Regards,

Mart

• Developer
vor 20 Stunden , martvl sagte:

[...] this is the first time that I see a payware update with a reduced price for previous users is only available for a limited period. [...]

I am sorry. I saw many of them already. As I wrote you, you can still stay on SIMstarter NG - it's a fully functional software. I don't wanted to ask all existing customers to buy NG P3D for the full price. Therefore I decided to allow an upgrade for a period of time. A lot of code for NG P3D is rewriten - so you pay for my real work it took me to release NG P3D. I really hope you don't get frustrated and become a "new" customer of NG P3D or stay at "NG". 🙂

You don't need to buy SIMstarter NG P3D but you can - there are some advantages.

Hello Peter,

Don't worry, I'm not frustrated. I like your program and the new version even better. Also I do agree that a developer has to be paid for his work. It's not the price, because it is not expensive. I'm just disappointed about that limited period of time. Never seen this before. Perhaps I'm getting to old to understand this changing world.

But it is as it is. Lets close this topic.

Regards,

Mart

Archived