Double Layers, Lights and Buildings in 5.1HF1 with ORBX (Frankfurt & Zuerich)

Alpolex

Good Day,

as a Simmarket customer I've downloaded the recent version of Aerosoft's Mega Airport Frankfurt and Zuerich (Version 2001) for P3D v5.1HF1 which I am using together with ORBX LC Europe, Vector and EU South Germany.

After installing both (Frankfurt incl. a new provided SODE file) I did encounter double layers, double buildings (standard and add-on scenery) as well as problems with jetways and runway and taxiway lighting (see pictures below).

I do kindly ask to adjust both installers or provide a detailed and included instruction in how to fix these problems. Both sceneries are unusable.

Best Regards,

Alexander

Please login to display this image.

Good Afternoon @mopperle (Otto),

I am not aware how to determine the layer off ORBX and where it is placed correctly as I am - like any other user - using several more sceneries.

After removing the following BGL's from ORBX EU Germany South's scenery folder (ORBX\p3dv5\EU Germany South\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery) I was able to get all buildings working accordingly and removing the standard scenery, however experiencing now problems with trees covering Runway 16:

ADE_FTX_GES_LSZH

ADE_FTX_GES_LSZH_CVX

FTX_GES_LSZH_objects

Any furthers hints?

Hey @masterhawk (Bob),

thak you for this advise. After removing the above mentioned BGLs (ADE_FTX_GES_LSZH.bgl, ADE_FTX_GES_LSZH_CVX.bgl, FTX_GES_LSZH_objects.bgl) and changing the layer via ORBX Central.

Finally, the last problem is this conflicting mesh. Is it implemented from your scenery?

Thank you!

Thank you @masterhawk(Bob),

I have installed both mentioned BGL's from your mentioned Hotfix and it worked.

Concluding to this issue excuse me my straight critics I would like to pass to Aerosoft, but do you really think that is a quality driven and customer-related installation process in v5, not even pointing out that there are no SODE Gates nor VDGS support available for such a high price?

Best Regards and thanks,

Alexander

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Alpolex said:

Concluding to this issue excuse me my straight critics I would like to pass to Aerosoft, but do you really think that is a quality driven and customer-related installation process in v5, not even pointing out that there are no SODE Gates nor VDGS support available for such a high price?

That's what a product description on the product page in the shop is generally there for:

Source: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/popular-products/mega-airports/2182/mega-airport-zurich-v2.0-professional

So if you are looking for certain functionality in a product which is not listed there, you simply should not expect it to be included anyway. And even more, you should not complain afterwards that it is not included. 

If a functionality is so important to you and you are not sure from the feature list in the shop you should ask prior to your purchase if it is included or not. That's why there is even a link on the product page available so that you can ask right away:

That way you are not getting disappointed afterwards.

Just saying...

7 minutes ago, Alpolex said:

Yes I did - and to be honest, I would expect you to know that you don't offer anything for Zürich...

The title you have chosen for your topic also includes Frankfurt and the SODE support for Frankfurt is listed on the page Mathijs gave you the link to.

Dear @Tom A320,

I have stated in my first post that I have installed Frankfurt incl. your SODE file, and additionally that I am a Simmarket and not an Aerosoft cumstomer:

After installing both (Frankfurt incl. a new provided SODE file)

Furthermore, the installation routine or your setup is in general outdated and strongly needs an update in regards to ORBX LC Europe / Vector / EU Germany South.

The whole installation process took approx. 2 hours, a whole thread plus an additional download from your Forum for a Hotifx which is not even provided by yourself.

As I have stated as well is that it is disappointing that you are obviously not implementing any - nowadays standard features - like SODE nor VDGS. And this is not said in any relation to a new purchase as I am a long customer of this scenery and continuously waiting for any adaption.

Just for anybody else who might be in desperate need for a solution and wants to install it:

1) Remove the following BGL's or add ".off" if ORBX EU Germany South is installed

Folder:    ORBX\P3DV5\EU Germany South\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery

- ADE_FTX_GES_LSZH.bgl
- ADE_FTX_GES_LSZH_CVX.bgl
- FTX_GES_LSZH_objects.bgl

2) Open ORBX Central -> Options -> Einfügepunkt / Insertion Point

Insert "Mega Airport Zuerich v5" to the highest priority

3) Install Hotfix

Source:   https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/129436-lszh-prof-and-orbx-ges-hotfix/

Folder:    Aerosoft\Mega Airport Zuerich V5\Scenery

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Alpolex said:

Yes I did - and to be honest, I would expect you to know that you don't offer anything for Zürich...

But you also asked about Frankfurt. Sorry if assisting with that offended you, not my intention. 

About updating our installers. We handle around 500 installers at this moment, we never promise that all of them are always aware of products that change the sim itself. If you do not feel that is acceptable I seriously suggest yhou to be careful about our products. Or those of any other company actually.

Archived