EDDK Cologne Aerosoft coompletely broken!

Robert Xones

So uh... this just happened...

Please login to display this image.

I was landing at cologne and got these textures everywhere. 
Its updated to newet version, my internet connection is perfectly fine, I switched window and fullscreen which usually reloads the scenery around, switched through different settings, and spawned in again with the same result to be found - so I have no idea where this is coming from, would be very nice if this could get fixed asap...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you just run the original installer from the download, or have you fiddled around with the files in the "aerosoft-eddk" folder within the MSFS Community folder?

vor 16 Minuten, Robert Xones sagte:

It says

141 MB (148.032.313 Bytes)

Should be 2.6GB I suppose?

Ill try to redownload it

so yeah reinstalling fixed it. However i cant tell why it broke in the first place, Ive done nothing with any files. 
One more thing while were at it, the horizontal ILS for 14L is majorly of right, not sure if thats something u guys can fix. Other than that, thanks for ur assistance and espacially thanks for this outstanding airport, most certainly has to be the best in mfs at this point, great job!

- Robert

• Developer

I'm unable to recreate the issue with the localizer being offset, do you use any 3rd party navdata? If so I would do a test with it disabled.

Regarding the 141 MB size, that's the size of the last update (1.03) so for some reason the original install of the scenery went missing :)

We did see a similar problem when someone used a add-on manager and moved the scenery to a different location, not sure if this is what happened here though.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

We did see a similar problem when someone used a add-on manager and moved the scenery to a different location, not sure if this is what happened here though.

That problem was related to using an add-on manager having disabled EDDK (i.e. having it not in the Community folder) and then having started the update. The update then was created into a none existing EDDK folder, so just the update files were found afterwards in the EDDK community folder.

When using add-on managers it is mandatory to enable an add-on before installing any updates.

Archived