Latest update

gsumner

Where exactly do I get the latest update from.

Auto installer will not update this time. Can't find it in Aerosoft support and simmarket doesnt seem to help much.

Graham

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you bought from simMarket it will be available there shortly.

@mopperle the latest update (2.1) is a full new installer. The auto updater just informs about the availability and tells you to get the new installer from where you bought SIMstarter.

8 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

@mopperle the latest update (2.1) is a full new installer. The auto updater just informs about the availability and tells you to get the new installer from where you bought SIMstarter.

AAh I see, Thanks very much

Graham

• Developer
vor 22 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Right! Thanks Tom!

Simmarket are at present in denial.

I opened a ticket with them. They told me to use the Aerosoft updater which obviously doesn't update this app..Then they were forwarding my ticket to the vendor even when I said I'd already contacted the vendor.

Go figure :(

Graham

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe they dont work from Friday noon to Monday, so try it on Monday again, or even better solution: next time buy directly from Aerosoft. ;)

I did buy it from Aerosoft.  The app tells you to go to Support and download the update.  I logged into the Support Update site, entered SimStarter P3d, but it told me I hadn't returned the email. Of course, it doesn't say what email, who it's from, what it's about. Anybody know how to get it?

• Developer
vor 5 Stunden , Doc_Z sagte:

Then why tell me to get it from the Support Update site?  Do we have to uninstall previous version?

The update procedure is described in the manual. Sorry it was released at the beginning of the weekend. Please give the other shops some time to update the files.

Thanks.

Why can't a simple question be answered simply.   I found the update in my account. Do I have to uninstall before updating?  Why did the app say to use the Support Update?  

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

Do I have to uninstall before updating?

4 hours ago, Capt. PERO said:

The update procedure is described in the manual.

7 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Still haven't answered as to why the app says to go to the Support area.  And when I get there, I can't get in because I haven't replied to some email I never got.  Also, my first question about reinstalling could have been answer by a simple "yes," rather than the holier-than -thou responses about the  manual.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

Also, my first question about reinstalling could have been answer by a simple "yes," rather than the holier-than -thou responses about the  manual.

Maybe because the answer is a bit more then just "yes" or "no"?

Can you imagine hwo annoying it is to deal with people like you not willing or being too lazy to read manuals where other spent a lot of time on writing such manuals?

As everything has been said, this topic can be closed.

• Deputy Sheriffs
8 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

Still haven't answered as to why the app says to go to the Support area. 

This is a general hint, as the programm doesnt know where you bought it

9 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

And when I get there, I can't get in because I haven't replied to some email I never got.

Not a problem of the program or Aerosoft

• Developer

Gents,

we released a new version before the weekend. Aerosoft customers have the installer directly in the store or in the support database. Other stores are also very fast and will surely provide the new installer quickly (usually they don't work here on weekends). I am sorry for the inconvenience this causes. The update process is described in the manual chapter 1.7.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

@Doc_Z @Blaunarwal @SergioN

Just a short update on this: I reworked the internal update process which allows to perform minor version changes with the AutoUpdate of SIMstarter NG P3D. Nearly all updates in future should be done with the AutoUpdate. Based on your feedback I even reworked the manual which was missleading.

Please excuse the inconvenience.

This update is currently being tested by the BETA team and will be rolled out (via AutoUpdate) soon. 🙂

Archived