Swap ILS coordinates in nav database

PEG51

Hello there,

Sorry I complete my msg,

I am using JeeHellWare A320 FMGS which relies on aerosoft navdatabase generation. What I would like to do is to be able to swap ILS coordinates of 2 runways from one airport and I would like to know if this possible in some way to do that, knowing that the produced navrecord.dat file is a binary file. Is there a tool available to edit and modify this file in order to maodify the LATI/LONGI?  I have tried first to do that from the P3D navaid files using BGLNavEditor without getting the expected effect, certainly because JHW relies only on NavDataPro data, I think.

Thank you for your support. 

Hello Mathijs,

Thank you for your answer but I would prefer to modifiy this navdatabase for my own private use as this is the most simple straight forward good way for my experiments: modify a single input for a system rather than to modify the system itself. Is there a good reason why we cannot edit and modify this .dat file for private use as this file is computed, processed and structured by aerosoft certainly in a way faraway from the data structure provided by the DLH Sys?

Thank you for your support.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The file got exactly the format being required by JeeHellWare. While they do not have the copyright on the content (navdata), they have the copyright on the file format.

So you have to ask them about the format and how it could be edtited. Nothing Aerosoft can do here.

And  be aware, that with every new cycle you have to edit the file again. And history tells us that editing such files is the rootcause for many problems.

Archived