A330 V5.1 HF1 stuck on initiate taxi?

SeaJunk

The checklist seems to be stuck on initiate taxi after built in push back is complete and the 'before taxi checklists' are completed. It doesn't seem to sense the taxi speed.

A330 1.0.3.1

P3D 5.1 HF1 (5.1.12.26829)

• Deputy Sheriffs

First please update to the current actual version 1.0.3.2. Normally it is also possible to manually start the TAXI CL from the MCDU3 CL menu. So please try if this works and report back. Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

After making a complete fresh install of the Aerosoft A330 as well as of P3D v5.1 HF1 I am not able to reproduce the issue mentioned. So something must have happened on your system when updating P3D.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:07 AM, Hanse said:

First please update to the current actual version 1.0.3.2. Normally it is also possible to manually start the TAXI CL from the MCDU3 CL menu. So please try if this works and report back. Thanks.

P3DV5.1 HF1 :

Airbus A330 Pro
Aerosoft updater  v 1600 indicates that this version is not available :
Installed version 1.0.3.1
No updates available for this product!

HI all,

The issue above happens to me also only on the A330.

It kicks in after a very long time or not and if it doesn't it halts the other subsequent check lists further in the flight.

Reinstallation did not do anything and this has started happening since the last update.

Thank you for your advice as to how to fix this annoying matter.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have no idea why the TAXI CL does not start when GS of 10 knots is reached on your installation. Nothing has been changed in this respect since a couple of months and also I am not able to reproduce it. Please send me a complete screenshot of the VC (including the INFOBAR opened) after GS is higher than 10 knots. Maybe I see something. On the other hand you are alyways able to manually start the TAXI CL from the MCDU2 CL menu - even when the plane is not yet moving!

I am baffled...

Starting manually the checklist, reinstalling, using long taxis to see if it kicks in... nothing.

I have downloaded the latest update and it still gets stuck and doesn't start even above 10knts.

This morning it started by itself at 36000 ft after 1 hour flight.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks...

Here's a video of what I am talking about...

https://youtu.be/2_RZpezl-IU

• Deputy Sheriffs

The only thing I can think of why the CL does not start might be in connection with the time of the day. During "TIME OF DAY,enum = 2 or 3" e.g. during dawn/dusk or at night the Nose and RwyTO lights are already automatically switched ON (as well as the OVH-IntLight_CTL to OFF) when the plane moves faster than 2 knots. The reason for this is that if the plane is moving the pilots can see where they are heading to before the item is called in the TAXI CL. Normally this works fine or are you interfering with the light settings yourself? Please try again during daytime as well as during dusk/dawn or night but do not touch / manual interfere with the light settings.

This feature is not something new but introduced by user request already from the beginning / release of the A330. In the smaller models it is not yet implemented.

Regards,

Rolf   

Morning,

I have tried what you suggested and it seems that you were right about Time of Day...

I started with default system time which was dawn and the checklist post pushback did not kick in.

I changed the time to "Day", and the checklist started straight away.

To answer your question, I did not interfere with the lights in any way and left the checklist do its job.

It is an irregularity with the time of day that could be annoying upon using the system time default.

It works fine in any situation on the A318/319/320/321 professional but a bug is on the A330... 

Just a thought as it worked fine before the latest update...

Best Regards,

Franck

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your answer. The feature we are talking about is currently only implemented in the A330 (from release and nothing has been changed since then) and is currently not yet implemented in the smaller models. Until now I was not able to reproduce the issue and also could not find a reason for this behaviour  in my code. So we need to investigate it a little bit more in detail. Therefore I have the following questions: 

• Which P3D version you are using - I am on P3D v5.1 HF1 and at which airport his happens - even that I believe it has nothing to do with those two things.
  • When this happens, at that airport, what exact date and time you are using?

Maybe I am able to reproduce the issue having this information.

Best Regards,

Rolf

Good Morning,

I am using Prepar3dv4.5...

I have been trying on different airports which I believe like you has got nothing to do with the enigma!

I am using Active Sky, ORBX Base Pack, Add Ons that I have been using all along.

The date is the default System time...

Tried again this morning and as it was early, the default was Dawn and the post pushback checklist "Taxi " did not come on and by changing the time to "Day", it came on straight away.

Seems to me that there is a glitch depending on Time of day...

Thank you anyway for your input.

Best Regards,

Franck

• Deputy Sheriffs

I finally detected the root cause for the issue. It is a bug in P3D. According to their SDK for the variable "time of day" there are three values allowed: 1 (day), 2 (dawn/dusk) and 3 (night). It works fine if you set the time before starting the sim and loading the plane. But if you "play" around with the time function inside the sim e.g. after the situation and plane is loaded, sometimes the variable is not adjusted or even set to "0". In such a case the TAXI CL does not start because it needs 1, 2 or 3 as a value for "time of day".

So for the time being do not use the time function inside the sim if you want to work the TAXI CL properly. In the next exp. update I will add a condition in case the value is = 0: Then the CL will work like during day.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived