Upset that we can't deliver your hardware? Please read...

• Aerosoft

We understand. You want that throttle. You ordered it 3 months ago and you have the idea some shipments have arrived in our offices (they did) and you want YOUR order to be one of the first. While we tried to limit expectations as much as we could, we understand the many mails we get asking why we cannot deliver. Let me try to explain.

Basically, it is of course because we do not have them. We make money by selling hardware and software and having a sh*t load of customers who want something we cannot deliver is kind of a nightmare for our sales department. Now, why we do not have them? It is not because we did not order in time. We did. But there are a few big things and a few small things that make life hard. Let me explain.

• Corona, the production. I know everybody is blaming everything on Corona, but this is true. Almost any manufacturer had to close production lines this spring. As they schedule things incredibly tight (we have seen schedules where whole production lines move to new products and have to be online on 15-minute slots) any delay has effects that last for months. Closing a factory for 6 weeks means problems for the next 18 months. Every customer has deadlines in the contract and will push as hard as possible to get their product done on time. Often that means you move from 2-month production runs to 2-week productions runs so at least something can be shipped. You see how that matches up with us being able to deliver smallish batches at a time?
  • Corona, the demand. The fact a good part of our customers is partly told to stay at home, do not spend money on vacations, restaurants, and Disneyland’s means that we simply get a lot more orders. We are not complaining, and we can handle the sales. But to deliver them we depend on the producers, fabrication plants and shipments. Aerosoft only controls a small part of that. When a container with our stuff arrives in a port there is truck waiting to pick it up.  That truck drives to our warehouse in Paderborn and when it gets there, we have any hand available to move them from the container to the DHL trucks. The most requested bits spend at most an hour our warehouse. I am not saying we got a siren going off when a container arrives, but it is damned close to that. It is all hand on deck. In fact, we like it, it is kind of a party. No matter what your job is in Aerosoft, when we got product customers are waiting for, you are gluing labels on boxes. I am located 1300 km from our warehouse, so I am one of the few people not involved during corona lockdown but let me assure you, I did my share of hauling boxes to trucks. All hands-on deck.

it is all kind of a perfect storm. We got loads of customers, we got loads of very cool new products. The issue is matching it.

-------------------------------------------

To be clear, if you are in Europe and ordered at Aerosoft you can be sure you are in the first delivery. Other vendors at Amazon and eBay etc can make big claims but if they are in Europe, they get their boxes from our warehouse in Paderborn. It is Aerosoft who decides who gets what. And we like our own customers. But fact is we can’t ship what we do not have. If you feel we promised you something we can’t deliver, do contact us at support@aerosoft.com. But to be honest, our system is pretty solid, no matter how many emails you send, your box will be shipped when we get it. We do not lose orders. We do not misplace boxes (that would be detected in 24 hours as a barcode scan is missing).

So, what am I saying? Basically, to trust in our systems. Aerosoft is in these things a very German company. We got systems and procedures. If ‘your’ box arrives at Aerosoft it will be shipped in a few hours.  Again, basically, to trust in our systems. No matter how many emails you send, and no matter how upset you get, you will not your order any faster. Unless you feel we promised something we could not deliver on, sit back, have a drink. Your box has simply not arrived in Europe.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can only second what Mathijs said. I'm currently waiting since 8 weeks for a spare part for our washing maschine.

The general problem is, that when you as a manufacturer produce a piece of hardware that consists of 100 parts, you can be sure that 60% of those parts come from other suppliers from overseas and elsewhere. And if one of those suppliers can not deliver, because its country is in a complete or partial lockdown, your production line does not work. and you simply can not replace a supplier by another one from one day to other.

Hi Mathijs.

I work in a shipment company in Belgium and i agree, its a big party for the moment (since the beginning of the Corona) with the deliveries.

I did received an email that it will be shipped in februari 2021 but luckly i have a honeycomb alpha and a keyboard so i can fly and yes i have the time to wait.

Thanks for the good services in these hard times and good luck with the mails and shipments ;).

Greetings 
Lander

Oh, and my English is not good also (its more like Chinese-English) ;)

Same here - I work for IT in large FMCG company in Supply Chain dept.

Yeah. I do not put stickers on boxes but I can confirm we have same situation globally.

That's why I can complain about some problems of A320 or CRJ but not on anything related to physical shipments. I totally understand what is going on.

&

• 3 weeks later...

I am not upset that you can't deliver, I am just upset... is a strong word for a piece of hardware, I am outraged and emotionally.... no, thats too strong too...

I just grow more impatient as I see more people receiving their throttles. 

Is there any news?

I leave in peace! 

I understand all the above, but as it says against my order ( which was placed 14 months ago ) that you expect delivery in mid December, and seeing it is now the 16th, there has been no updates whatsoever. If you haven’t got them and obviously don’t expect them, please update the website or order views to reflect this. It doesn’t take much to keep your customers informed. 

Thanks I will. Something like this is all we ask, but should be coming from Aerosoft, just keeps people in the loop and probably would stop half of the emails complaining about non delivery.

17 hours ago, CannonousCrash said:

Steve, email Info@Aerosoft.com for an update, I did and got a reply back this morning stating AS expect delivery on Friday and will despatch the same day.

I did also last sunday - but no answer so far :(

• Administrator
vor 17 Stunden , steveb25 sagte:

but should be coming from Aerosoft

Last week the delivery date has been changed three times - reason why we have not communicated a date.
Today we finally received the first delivery, so we can start shipping tomorrow.

We expect to ship ALL preorders (where we specified mid December) tomorrow and on Monday.

Greetings,

Marius

Guys, rest assured that Aerosoft will let you know when your delivery has shipped whether you email them or not. I ordered back in October 2019 and haven't sent them an email but today i Got an email from their shipping department to let me know that my box has been shipped complete with tracking number. Tracking tells me it will be delivered to me on the 22 December at lunch time! perfect service from the staff at Aerosoft so many thanks from me to them for their hard work and great service.

• Aerosoft

If all is well everybody with an open order that is not shipping in the next few days will have received an email.  

The simple fact is that we did NOT get all the containers we hoped to get. Blame COVID, BREXIT, whatever, does not matter a lot. It's just not at our warehouse. What is there is shipped in 48 hours max.

Question if I may...? I pre ordered through Amazon UK in July. Does this mean I am wayyyyyyy down the queue if you are looking after your direct customers first? I can't order from you direct because I can't have deliveries to work and I don't trust it to be there when I hot home if left outside my house. I like the flexibility with Amazon of delivering to a locker.

Amazon have provided no comms and this is the first detail I have seen so I appreciate this thread as I was finally able to understand what is going on.

I don't expect a definitive answer but are you able to share any plans on where Amazon orders sit in your priority list? Can I expect the pack before Christmas 2021?

Best wishes to all of you.

Neil

On 12/17/2020 at 1:49 PM, Marius Ellenbürger said:

Sorry, but we have not received an email from you.

Greetings,

Marius

You have it here :)

Date format the european way (December 13)

Please login to display this image.

Gérard

• Administrator
On 18.12.2020 at 19:42, neilh1983 sagte:

Does this mean I am wayyyyyyy down the queue if you are looking after your direct customers first?

This is not true, but it is way faster to ship to customers (aerosoft customers) directly.
We´ll start shipping today to business customers as well.

In the first place we do not ship to Amazon UK directly. Our business partner (also located in the UK) is responsible for Amazon and the retail in the UK.

2 hours ago, Marius Ellenbürger said:

This is not true, but it is way faster to ship to customers (aerosoft customers) directly.
We´ll start shipping today to business customers as well.

In the first place we do not ship to Amazon UK directly. Our business partner (also located in the UK) is responsible for Amazon and the retail in the UK.

Thank you for the clarification, Marius.

Is there a way of asking this partner for an update or are you/Aerosoft the best?

Neil

• Administrator
vor 12 Minuten, neilh1983 sagte:

Is there a way of asking this partner for an update or are you/Aerosoft the best?

You´re welcome, Neil.

I think currently you have to ask Aerosoft, because the Throttle is still with us and not with our business partner.
We have no chance to ship it before Christmas, due to the high demand and Covid19.
Between Christmas and New Year a lot of companies and warehouses are closed, so another delay due to the holidays. And now we are talking about New Year and the upcoming Brexit.
I would really love to give you accurate details about your shipment, but it´s simply not possible. Due to Covid, Christmas holidays and the Brexit, things are unpredictable.

Greetings,

Marius

6 hours ago, Marius Ellenbürger said:

You´re welcome, Neil.

I think currently you have to ask Aerosoft, because the Throttle is still with us and not with our business partner.
We have no chance to ship it before Christmas, due to the high demand and Covid19.
Between Christmas and New Year a lot of companies and warehouses are closed, so another delay due to the holidays. And now we are talking about New Year and the upcoming Brexit.
I would really love to give you accurate details about your shipment, but it´s simply not possible. Due to Covid, Christmas holidays and the Brexit, things are unpredictable.

Greetings,

Marius

Can't say I'm not disappointed given I ordered this in July but I know that lack of stock is not your fault. I just wish that we had known that some orders would be valued over others. I'm not going to hold my breath.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I ordered my throttle beginning of May together with a new computer from Komplett.se (the largest retailer of electronics in the Nordic countries). I have been in contact with Komplett.se several times as the delivery date has been postponed I think eight times since May. Now expected delivery is in February 2021. They claim they have more than a few 100 orders waiting since Spring (and Aerosoft is their supplier).

Reading the discussions here, I wonder is it better to cancel the order at Komplett.se and order directly from Aerosoft, or better to wait? Buying through Komplett.se was at no discount at all so I thought orders were treated equal, but an answer above in this forum gives the impression costumers buying directly from Aerosoft are always prioritized. And since demand is so high as I understand it, maybe this mean that the retailer orders will have to wait for many more month to come?

Thanks for any advice.

Happy New Year to everyone in the Aerosoft team and keep up the good work!

Best regards

Jan Jönsson

@Marius Ellenbürger @Mathijs Kok

Had this today, what are my options please? Are you no longer going to fulfill orders to the UK for 3rd parties at all? Will I ever get this item? How far up the chain do I need to take this? I just want the item!

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"Thrustmaster TCA Officer Pack Airbus Edition (Quadrant, T.A.R.G.E.T Software, PC)"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086J6KWTZ

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order

Archived