Aerosoft/29Palms EDDB für FSX - fehlender EXIT M5 und....

renne

Hi!

Ich habe vor kurzem die og FSX Szenerie bei Aerosoft gekauft und musste leider feststellen, dass bzgl. der RWY 07R/25L mehrere Fehler vorhanden sind. Ich beziehe mich auf die entsprechenden aktuellen Jeppesen Charts.

- EXIT M5 fehlt völlig

- Deshalb sind die nachfolgenden EXIT entsprechend falsch beschildert: M6 in real M7, M7 und M8 sind real M8 und M9.

- V1 und und V2 (Exit Points der Nordbahn) heißen real V3 und V4

Meine Frage: Können User der FSX EDDB Version überhaupt noch mit einem Update rechnen oder war der EDDB im Angebot, weil er so fehlerhaft ist (und bleibt) ?

Gruß

René

• Aerosoft

All these products are sold 'as is' and never come with a promise that they will be kept up to date with changes at the real airport. 
Basically that is because it simply is impossible for dev teams to keep making updates, as these never make any money it is just cost. To keep your company alive you need to make new products.

My point of view is a bit different. I think as purchaser you have the right to buy an aiport scenery which is correct! If you buy a car you expect to get 4 and not 3 wheels! There is no excuse that car companies never make any money adding the forth missing wheel! 

And you can't tell me that it is so bloody complicated for a dev to add a missing Exit and to exchange the wrong signs so that their investment of time and money is off the charts!

Or do you consider that devs are not obliged to deliver correct products? For me a missing Exit/Taxiway is a real fault!

• Aerosoft

Have you considered that when the product was created, that exit was not there? In fact that is what happened.  And yes, updating a thing like that, updating the AFCAD, with testing, documenting, building new installers, testing those, updating 12 shops is 'bloody complicated'. 

If you fear this will happen with any other product you buy, rest assured it is.  Airports change all the time and every single airport add-on for any sim is by definition outdated the moment you buy it. The older the product the more outdated it probably is.

Believe me or not but yes I considered that. But even if I don't know when this missing exit was under construction I think 29Palms had probably many years to adjust their EDDB scenery. And your argument is not stringent at all because Aerosoft/19Palms has been able to release two updates for p3d4 in the last few days/weeks! So bloody complicated? So expensive for devs?

Sorry, but if you didn't want to cheat EDDB FSX customers you should have clearly announced that this scenery doesn't fully simulate the new EDDB! But I think, that your main interest had been to empty your FSX addon stock (for boxed version). That's quite normal because FSX is a dinosaur. But without remark that customer won't buy the new, just opened airport but an older version (with missing taxiways and so on and without any chance to have an update!) we must feel pulled over the barrel! Sorry to say that.

• Aerosoft

Okay. It is clear we differ in opinion. You feel when a airport scenery is released the developer and publisher somehow have the task to keep it up to date.  We do not agree. We never promised that. No developer EVER promised that.

Now we could go on and on about this , but fact is that we sold the product without the promise to keep it updated eternally. As you are at this moment the only customer with this complaint I dare say it is not a massive issue and I take the liberty of closing this topic. If you feel you are 'pulled over a barrel' and do not agree to my explanation, I am sorry. But things are not going to change.

"You feel when a airport scenery is released the developer and publisher somehow have the task to keep it up to date."

Not at all !!!!!! I expect vendor to tell me/us that their offered scenery does't simulate the present layout of the airport and that customers can't expect any update in future! No more and no less! That would be fair, wouldn't it?

And yes, enough has been said now!

Archived