p3d v5

SHT2V

• Deputy Sheriffs

They might work, but need to be registered manual in the sim.
But:
There might be problems with defaut buildings as v5 has new default ones and the addons can't exclude them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer
23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I would be too if I paid for the v5 version.....

... but nobody has sold it for P3Dv5 :)

Lifetime support don’t mean the lifetime of the customer ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I love this wording "..as a paying customer...". You got exactly what you paid for: a version for P3Dv4.

And as Oliver said, nobody every promised livetime support and update to the latest version.

And looking at all the trouble LM is causing with every update/hotfix for v5, I understand that most devs are not even thinking about doing anything for a currently unstable platform like P3Dv5.x.

For me the reason to stick to v4.5

• 5 weeks later...

I have P3D v4 and v5, and almost with a blind faith i went to the Aerosoft shop as i tought, a german shop will surely provide me with the latest EDDL version.

I ordered and payed right away, but it did not work, i checked the invoice:  no version specification on invoice... i worried when i suddenly observed the v2 sign at the shop !  Too late ?

I cannot install this version  -  why not a more recent V4 or V5 version of EDDL at aeroshop  ?  v2 is old, not ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
49 minutes ago, pluto7777 said:

why not a more recent V4 or V5 version of EDDL at aeroshop  ? 

Because the developer (which is not Aerosoft) decided not to do a remake?

I'm closing this topic as it is going OT from the original post. Feel free to open another topic.

1 hour ago, pluto7777 said:

I have P3D v4 and v5, and almost with a blind faith i went to the Aerosoft shop as i tought, a german shop will surely provide me with the latest EDDL version.

I ordered and payed right away, but it did not work, i checked the invoice:  no version specification on invoice... i worried when i suddenly observed the v2 sign at the shop !  Too late ?

I cannot install this version  -  why not a more recent V4 or V5 version of EDDL at aeroshop  ?  v2 is old, not ?

I'm sorry that this occurred.  We did everything possible to prevent people from selecting and purchasing a version for a different simulator than they expected and we have customers select two check boxes that remind them to check.

As the guys above suggested, the scenery may work in P3Dv5, you would simply have to install the scenery to a folder and then manually add it to the sim using a tooll like Lorbys Addon Organizer.  I don't have this particular scenery so I can't provide step by step instructions for it, but it's rather straight forward.  After installing to P3Dv5 you'll have to check to see if the graphics are compatible.

Sorry again my friend, but I'd love to hear how you make out via Private Message.

Best wishes!

Archived