CTD with Wind request

Bernard Ducret

I had a bizarre event today when loading the flight plan, I had three consecutive CTD as soon as I press on Wind request. When I skipped that stage, everything worked on my 10 hour flight with no CTD at any time. I made a search on the forum and could not see this documented anywhere, was this reported by anyone else? And if so is there a work around?

Thank you.

The three reports are the same for the three occurrences

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BEX64
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.5.14.34698
Application Timestamp:    5e94b5c2
Fault Module Name:    ucrtbase.dll
Fault Module Version:    10.0.19041.546
Fault Module Timestamp:    43cbc11d
Exception Offset:    0000000000071218
Exception Code:    c0000409
Exception Data:    0000000000000005
Version du système:    10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:    4108
Additional Information 1:    633e
Additional Information 2:    633e327d316d8df34212d71d9e24e504
Additional Information 3:    e353
Additional Information 4:    e3533f590204c3f7e1b8114ec36a214b

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    4fbfca77373602f00808abe2cfcdf0a5 (1731823047361294501)

Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What WX source for uplink are you using? ActiveSky or the *.wx file in the PMDG\WX folder?

Be aware that the loaded flightplan in MCDU has to match to fplan loaded in ActiveSky or the tool used to generate the *.wx file.

• Deputy Sheriffs
29 minutes ago, Juergen said:

Am I correct that you are using SODE and have not added the recommended command line as this looks like the "typical ucrtbase.dll error"?

Not relevant in this case, as he is using v4 and not v5.1.

I am using Active Sky and the information is loaded through SimBrief.. I am not using the PMDG folder.

I never load the flightplan in Active Sky for any plane since it is supposed to be loaded automatically when selected in P3D as I usually do for all my flights. Is this a problem? 

What I can do to assess this is, in my next flight, load the flight plan in AS and see if I get the CTD.

In case I dont, chances will be that it might be the cause and in any case I shall report back.

Update: Today, I followed your advice and loaded the flight plan into Active Sky and had no CTD when requesting the winds. I later on updated the winds when airborne and had no CTD either. So it does appear to be a necessity to load the AS flight plan instead of letting P3D automatically do it as for all other add-on using winds aloft. This bird needs its own food!...

Thank you for that tip.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, the reason is quite simply: The bus looks for a source giving him the relevant date for the route. And when the source is AS and it doesnt no anything about the route, how should it provide the correct data.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Otto, but my AS settings include the automatic loading of my P3D flight-plan which I always load in the P3D start-up screen, hence the AS flight-plan ought to be active as well (I just checked now that it is set on TRUE, and it is indeed), it works with all my add-ons but apparently not the A330 (I use the same procedure). Hence my surprise. But I dont mind making that extra - and redondant - selection for the sake of a trouble-free start for the A330!

Archived