A330 stalls in cruise

Kristian1484

Firstly, Apologies for opening a new topic on simply one issue i'm facing, I haven't been able to find this issue anywhere else and wasn't quite sure what to do. 

I recently updated my sim to P3DV4.5, and in doing so, I'm facing some issues with the A330. Firstly, when I get into cruise, everything seems perfectly fine, when all of a sudden, the aircraft will automatically switch to VS +0000 (taking it out of ALT) From here, the aircraft begins to slowly climb/decent and begins oscillating.

The aircraft will also have random "jumps" where it looks like theres a weather update, where the aircraft adjusts for the new weather. When this occurs, the aircraft will have a nose down/up tendency and loose about 3-4 thousand feet, where it will then go into VS mode and either climb or decent further.

I have turned off my weather app, disabled in sim weather and any other weather applications which may interfere with the aircraft, however these "jumps" continue to occur.

This issue makes it impossible to do long haul flights in the aircraft, as when I enter cruise and go AFK for 10 minutes to make dinner or go on a run, I come back to find the aircraft is VS mode, stalling with a high nose attitude and 15,000 feet below its cruising altitude, which I left it a few minutes ago.

Hi,

are you sure you're not flying Air France and you're getting sufficient frames per second? Make sure you have at least 18fps for a seamless experience.

I've included a photo of what an instance of this looks like. I did not touch any controls, there is no weather application connected or anything. The speed of the aircraft randomly went into the VNE, the nose decided to pitch up and begin climbing.

Please login to display this image.

Just now, Emi said:

Hi,

are you sure you're not flying Air France and you're getting sufficient frames per second? Make sure you have at least 18fps for a seamless experience.

Yup, Its part of my preflight checklist to make sure its not an Air france aircraft, if it is, I make sure not to fly over water.
With the frames, I'm running it about 45FPS, so they are all good.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What weather engine are you using? If the weather update jumps, it could be that the weather outside the aircraft changes momentarily so that for example the IAS value has a jump. After all the IAS varies from outside conditions. If the IAS even periodically enters an area where a protection would enable it would basically need a pilot intervention to get out from the automatic protection mode and resume normal flying.

Something that you could do if you can recreate this issue in the future. Zip the whole Data folder (it contains log files from your flight) and note the time when the issue happened (PC time) and we can try to take a look into the flying parameters shortly before and after the issue happens and see if there are any clues for us there.

2 hours ago, Kristian1484 said:

I've included a photo of what an instance of this looks like. I did not touch any controls, there is no weather application connected or anything. The speed of the aircraft randomly went into the VNE, the nose decided to pitch up and begin climbing.

That's most certainly still an indication for a windshift. When you ran your test without weather engine, did you use default weather?
The default weather scenarios also include windshifts. It most certainly looks like you're encountering one.

• 1 month later...
On 16.11.2020 at 07:55, Kristian1484 sagte:

Must be MCAS. 

Archived