A 320 cockpit lights not working in P3D V5.1

After last 5.1 update cockpit lights stopped working. both flood and panel light.

Did a complete reinstall with no luck. I also tried to re install RealLight via the support files in the airbus folder but nothing.

A330 is working fine and I have the RealLight/True Glass folders in Prepar3d/Gauges including the Dll's.

Maybe a sort of issue with V5.1?

Thanks for help

- Matteo -

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Matteo,

Can you clarify if this update started to happen after you updated the Airbusses or after you updated to P3Dv5.1. So far I am unable to recreate this issue. Note however that somehow in P3Dv5.1 the shaders are somehow a bit darker and could mask the night lighting effect. How about the built in flashlight in prepar3D (can be activated by pressing the button above "tab" on your keyboard) does that work correctly?

Thanks for answering,

After updating ti 5.1 I noticed that no flood/panel lights where showing on the AS A320. I tried reinstalling the airbus with no luck. I completely removed P3d for a fresh install, installed the airbus again but no lights. TheP3D built in flashlight is working correctly. It is not a problem with shaders :(. I also tried to lunch the installers in the support files without success (reallights installs but no lights in the SIM). Thanks for help.

- Matteo -

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is it all light or just some particular ones? Could you specific which ones are and aren't working. Also some screenshots might help if you could take them. You can shine the P3D flashlight into the switch as well so that it's easier for us to see the switch position. Maybe that way I can at least compare what you see and what I see on the simulator.

Did everything work fine on P3Dv5.0?

Here is a picture.

Overhead lights is all the way to the right but no lights.

Aircraft was powered by external power. All displays are working correctly. Also no flood nor dome lights.

Please login to display this image.

Yes, I do. I also tried to remove all the reallight related files from the gauges folder and reinstall again but nothing. Also....sometimes but not often I get this error DGXI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG upon loading and I have a CTD. Don't know id the two things are related.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Reallight is only used in the A320.  It has problems. But we can’t do anything against that DXGI HUNG.

Have you tried Video driver update, rebuilding the prepar3d.cfg, clearing shaders?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived