DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE-HUNG error only with CRJ - and only CRJ

Recently (I mean very recently) I started getting DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE-HUNG errors with - and ONLY WITH the CRJ.  I am using version 2.2.0.2 on P3dV5 HF2 .  I can run AS's Airbus Professional with out any issues.  After the first few CTD's I updated my nVidia drivers to 457.09 but still have the error yet the 319 still runs fine.

Could it be FS2Crew for the CRJ causing this?  I use FS2Crew for the Airbus Pro but who knows.

I'm baffled.
Any ideas? 

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue also using FS2Crew for the CRJ on the latest experimental release.

For no apparent reason after an unpredictable amount of time I get a DXGL error and CTD. Only happens with this aircraft.

I ended up deleting prepar3d.cfg and installed 5.1HF1 and I am no longer having the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE. Still running Trueglass and seeing the memory max out on my 2080TI around 4.5GB at FSDT KCLT and UTLive getting a solid 28-30fps internal and external (using GeForce Experience fps counter)

Please login to display this image.

• 4 weeks later...

Heloow.

After install Update 2.2.0.2 Experimental, this addon causes conlicts wiht Ivao Pilot Client (Altitude) and causes DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE-HUNG errors.

After uninstalling Ivao Pilot Client (Altitude), crj v2.2.0.2 is fine.

After uninstalling crj v2.2.0.2, and reinstalling version 2.2.0.0  and  install (Altitude), is  fine.

P3dV5 hf2

Win 10

AMD 3900X

32GB Skill

Radeon 5700XT

I recently did a completely fresh install of P3D 5.1 after spending most of my time with MSFS for the past few weeks. The CRJ was the only add-on I installed after completing P3D installation. No problems with default aircraft, but I got a DEVICE HUNG error within seconds any time I tried to load the CRJ, shortly after the VC appeared on screen.

In my case, TrueGlass was definitely the culprit. I completely removed all traces of TrueGlass from the sim, all config files, DLLs etc, and that completely solved the problem.

I would like to suggest that TrueGlass be made an option in the CRJ installer (like RAAS), rather than a default part of the install process. As it stands now, TrueGlass gets installed automatically, with no ability to opt out.

• Developer

Jim is right. Except for TrueGlass, the CRJ doesn't contain anything that even touches the DirectX 12 - and that's what produces this error message. I only can recommend to deactivate Trueglass by commenting the following line in panel.cfg ((add a ";" at the beginning of the line):

gauge19=TrueGlass!Core,0,0,1,1

gauge19=TrueGlass!Core,0,0,1,1

Archived