Aerosoft Airport Köln/Bonn CTD

Primello

Hello, 

i bought the game yesterday and everything works fine when in the cockpit view.

If i go to the outside view @ the Airport, my game allways crash to desktop while moving the Camera a little bit faster.

Without the addon Köln/Bonn Airport workt normal.

With the addon crash to desktop when in outside view and move the cam a little bit faster.

bye 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, as this problem happens just to you and no one else, it is not necessarily a problem with the add-on but more likely with you setup.

EDDL is a stock airport and not even remotely as demanding as EDDK in terms of memory usage etc.

How many else add-ons you have you currently installed in your "Community" folder?

vor 9 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Well, as this problem happens just to you and no one else, it is not necessarily a problem with the add-on but more likely with you setup.

EDDL is a stock airport and not even remotely as demanding as EDDK in terms of memory usage etc.

How many else add-ons you have you currently installed in your "Community" folder?

Only the Fly By Wire A320 // Aerosoft St. Tropez (Works Perfect) // And Aerosoft Köln/Bonn..... My systhem has 32gb Memory and a i9 ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

The biggest poroblem I see witrh your overall PC setup is the fact that your documents folder is linked to OneDrive. This is the rootcause of many problems. Not sure If it has any impact in this specific case, but I highly recommend to unlink your documents folder from OneDrive.

I actual fly EDDL-EDDK with A320NX about 4 times a day, no CTD. But when trying to fly EDDl-EDLN (MGladbach) MSFS crashes after the latest Sim-Update. Perhaps by coincidence flying near EDLN  causes the crash, well, just a wild guess

Hi All. I see that there is a lot of people in this topic with one problem. Maybe Aerosoft do something with it? There is not only topicstarter problem now.

I have absolutely same problem with ONLY Aerosoft Addons EDDK and ENVA. I was trying to delete all of my addons from the community folder, leave there only Aerosoft addons ENVA and EDDK, and the problem wasnt solved. Trying different presets in Graphics - doesnt help.

First comment was right about moving the camera a little bit faster speed then default. 

My system is new with new fresh Win 10 x64 on it. Intel core i9 10900K + 32 GbRAM + Nvidia RTX3800. 

Dear Dev team, we spent a lot of money for buying your addons, and there is not a problem of only one man, pls help us to fix it. Thanks

Below result of my system.

Hardware
--------
CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (Цвета: 2560 x 1440 x 4294967296)
GPU Driver 457.30
RAM 32GB @ 3333MHz

Microsoft Windows
-----------------
Windows 10 Post April 2020 (2004) Update / Version 10.0.19042 / 64-bit

User Profile and Document Folders
---------------------------------
User Profile Location:
Environment.GetFolderPath =        C:\Users\Leo Orange PC
Volatile Environment\USERPROFILE = C:\Users\Leo Orange PC

Documents Folder:
Environment.GetFolderPath = C:\Users\Leo Orange PC\Documents
Shell Folders\Personal =    C:\Users\Leo Orange PC\Documents

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 - 4.0
----------------------------------
.NET Framework DF
.NET Framework 2.0.50727 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework 4
.NET Framework 4.0

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+
-----------------------------
.NET Framework 4.7.2 or later (only latest version is shown)

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
---------------------------------
Microsoft Flight Simulator (Steam Edition, Unknown Version). Content located at: H:\Games\MFS 2020

Microsoft Flight Simulator X & Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
-------------------------------------------------------
Prepar3D v4.x not installed
Prepar3D v3.x not installed
FSX Steam Edition not installed
FSX SP2/Acceleration not installed

X-Plane 10 & 11
---------------
X-Plane 11 not installed

X-Plane 10 not installed

Microsoft XAudio2
-----------------
XAudio2_9.dll found: 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
XAudio2_8.dll found: 10.0.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
XAudio2_7.dll found: 9.29 (DXSDK_JUN10.100602-0421)
XAudio2_6.dll not found
XAudio2_5.dll not found
XAudio2_4.dll not found
XAudio2_3.dll not found
XAudio2_2.dll not found
XAudio2_1.dll not found
XAudio2_0.dll not found

Simconnect, SDKs and Visual C++ Redistributables
------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 - (Version Data: 10.0.40219.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 - (Version Data: 10.0.40219.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Additional Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.61030 - (Version Data: 11.0.61030.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Additional Runtime - 12.0.40660 - (Version Data: 12.0.40660.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x64 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.40660 - (Version Data: 12.0.40660.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Additional Runtime - 12.0.40660 - (Version Data: 12.0.40660.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 x86 Minimum Runtime - 12.0.40660 - (Version Data: 12.0.40660.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Additional Runtime - 14.27.29016 - (Version Data: 14.27.29016.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X64 Minimum Runtime - 14.27.29016 - (Version Data: 14.27.29016.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Additional Runtime - 14.26.28720 - (Version Data: 14.26.28720.0)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime - 14.26.28720 - (Version Data: 14.26.28720.0)

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Talsarius said:

Dear Dev team, we spent a lot of money for buying your addons, and there is not a problem of only one man, pls help us to fix it. Thanks

On 11/16/2020 at 4:20 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

If anybody has an entry in the events log about this, please send it. Asobo would like to see it (they also can't get it to crash).

• Deputy Sheriffs

The standard Window Event Viewer

Please login to display this image.

Search for red ERROR entries written for MSFS.

3 minutes ago, mopperle said:

no need to post a 68kb file. simply post a screenshot of the message shown in the eventviewer

As you wish. B

ut lang of my Win10 OS is Rus and i hope it won't make you difficult to understand the reason of the CTD error

• Deputy Sheriffs

No problem with the russian language. But unfortunately the message doesnt give any reason for the crash it just tells that MFS is crashing. Usually a dll is being mentioned. Maybe this is typical for MFS, but it is impossible to track down the crash. So everything would be just guessing.

And as only a handfull users (out of several thousands) is experiencing this problem it simply might be a combination of various factors on a local system. For a dev not being able to recreate the problem it would simple be a waste of time to do any further investigation. We will leave this topic open and maybe there will be a hint on why this happens for a few users.

17 hours ago, mopperle said:

No problem with the russian language. But unfortunately the message doesnt give any reason for the crash it just tells that MFS is crashing. Usually a dll is being mentioned. Maybe this is typical for MFS, but it is impossible to track down the crash. So everything would be just guessing.

And as only a handfull users (out of several thousands) is experiencing this problem it simply might be a combination of various factors on a local system. For a dev not being able to recreate the problem it would simple be a waste of time to do any further investigation. We will leave this topic open and maybe there will be a hint on why this happens for a few users.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As said we simply do not know what causes this and as we can't recreate it there is no logical way to simply start experimenting to find a solution for those affected user by accident.  It is being discussed with Asobo.

Well Gentlemens, after hours of brainstorm and testing i have found the damn solution of this problem. Now in my case the problem is solved, the solution was in measuring system, i dont know why, but Trondhiem and Cologne Bonn was crushing in CTD error while i was using the METRIC system. When you changing back METRIC measuring to Imperial, after that problem will be solved. I hope this solution will help to all ppl here who run in to this CTD problem. 

P/S/ waiting 4 free MFS2020 scenery for this bugfix ))))))))))) 

Just wanted to add that this was also happening to me after updating to 1.0.3. I don't keep my scenery downloads in the community folder as I use a scenery manager, so they are in a different folder. After updating via the updater, I deleted my v1.0.2 folder and just dragged in the new updated folder into my scenery folder. During troubleshooting I tried to move the aerosoft-colognebonn folder back into the commuity folder and saw that it was only 141mb. I checked the original installer and found that the scenery folder was over 3gb. I guess when moving you have to overwrite the core files and not replace when updating!!

It all works fine now

vor 21 Stunden , daan_vb sagte:

Just wanted to add that this was also happening to me after updating to 1.0.3. I don't keep my scenery downloads in the community folder as I use a scenery manager, so they are in a different folder. After updating via the updater, I deleted my v1.0.2 folder and just dragged in the new updated folder into my scenery folder. During troubleshooting I tried to move the aerosoft-colognebonn folder back into the commuity folder and saw that it was only 141mb. I checked the original installer and found that the scenery folder was over 3gb. I guess when moving you have to overwrite the core files and not replace when updating!!

Ah yes, thanks a lot, that did the trick!

I also use a scenery manager which is setting symilnks in the communityfolder only. It doesn't matter at all, but the updater doesn't "see" this situation and puts its updates in the communityfolder. The same happens to Paderborn and Trondheim too. Just copying the updated files to the place where the original folder took place is the right solution.

I have the same problem here. CTD loading a flight from EDDK. Without Aerosoft EDDK in the community folder, there is no CTD.

I do not use a Scenery Manager. And I use the imperial system

Archived