November's Screenshot Contest:- Come to the ISLANDS!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Folks,
November is upon us and zooming by to say the least.   This month I figured it would be a good idea to show something tropical, so the theme of the month is "Come to the ISLANDS".  A scene from any tropical destination, and there are many from which to choose.  As always creativity is a plus, so show us where you plan on visiting  and be sure to let us know where you are.

Approaching Codrington, Barbuda (FS 2020)

Please login to display this image.

Departing Hewrenora (TLPL), St. Lucia (P3D)

Parked at Vigie (TLPC), St. Lucia (P3D)

Short final into Vigie (TLPC), St. Lucia (P3D)

Departing Juliana (TNCM), Sint Martin (P3D)

Short final into Juliana (TNCM), Sint Martin (P3D)

The Queen getting ready to slow down into Robert Bradshaw (TKPK), St. Kitts (P3D)

Taxiing to RW28 in St. Barths

Departing St. Barths (TFFJ) - FS 2020

Sunrise departure out of Anguilla with Sint Martin off to the left - FS 2020

Approaching the coast of SanJuan - FS 2020

As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image if you post more than one - ONLY the first entry will be judged and the others deleted.

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgment day".

This a multi-sim platform for your images as we also welcome X-Plane, DCS, Infinite Flight and even AeroFly images.

Good luck to all participants.

22 hours ago, kroswynd said:

So "Come to the Islands" Bro

I have 25 million screenshots of Caribbean flying.   Very hard to pick one of them

So here is simple one:

Will participate in this contest while asking to be abstained from the prize consideration as I already won 2 prizes this year

pa14.jpg

On 11/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, kroswynd said:

I've done many a manual weight and balance computations for this airline back in the day along with the L-1011s.  Nice shot

@kroswynd

Wow  that is amazing   That means you must have handled my BWIA flights abroad l-1011s (from USA to Trinidad)  and DC-9s (Trinidad to Tobago and back shuttle service)

Regards,

Aharon

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 11/13/2020 at 10:46 AM, Aharon said:

@kroswynd

Wow  that is amazing   That means you must have handled my BWIA flights abroad l-1011s (from USA to Trinidad)  and DC-9s (Trinidad to Tobago and back shuttle service)

Regards,

Aharon

Very possible, USA, LHR, YYZ back to the Caribbean territories

4 hours ago, TorstenFS said:

Ooops, I just realized that the Canary Islands are not a tropical but a subtropical destination.

Canary Islands are allowed because the November 2020 screenshot contest asks for ANY island so Canary Islands are qualified.  Even Manhattan is qualified because it is actually worlds most populated island.  Toronto Centre airport is qualified because it is located ON island.

The operative word is island

Regards,

Aharon

Until now (Nov 30th) much too few participants and therefor much too few screenshots in my opinion. Poor Simeon, how do you feel with this resonance?

So may I add another tropical island? Because I am out of the race anyway.

Voilà:

French Polynesia (FSX, of course!)

Bon vols
Torsten

OK, a slightly "Toungue in cheek" approach to the November competition topic...

I am headed towards the Treasure Island hotel - it's that one towards the end of the strip, on the left. I stayed there in 1996 and it is very "tropically" themed. Of course you may kick it out and I will not be upset. Just my way of saying "I'm back".

• Deputy Sheriffs

@TorstenFS  Islands:  would apply to any island, if I was specific and said Caribbean Island then your 1st image would not qualify (2nd image deleted).

No worries on not many participants. some themes do not appeal to every one and I'm ok with that.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 11/29/2020 at 8:31 AM, Helifan123 said:

Twin Otter approaching TNCM:

Congratulations Helifan123 on winning November's Screenshot contest - Epic!

Nothing like a Twotter floating at full flaps and nose hanging down into SXM

Archived