TOC or Cruise Altitudes OAT Temperature Format

In my PFPX flight plans, when I go to get the outside air temperature (OAT) to enter into the PMDG 737 NGX CDU, all the temperatures are formatted to use either a P or M format, such as P03, or M02, for example.

How can I change the PFPX output format to reflect the actual outside temperature of, let's say, -51 degrees C?

Bill Clark

You need to change an entry within the "flight plan template"

Check: User/Public/PublicDocuments/PFPX data/FlightPlanTemplates

Open the one your are using e.g. PFPX, or EDS with the Editor

Find the entry for "ISADev" ->" <&ISADev[1]:3> " within the document and change it to <&OAT[0]:3>

Safe the file!

You can see the effect direct after saving it! You just need to switch in PFPX to the other OFP format and back to the one you just had changed ;)

Please login to display this image.

Cheers

jackjones,

Thanks, that replaced the P & M offsets with OAT temps at TOC and cruise altitudes.

However, I noticed the "Pxx" offset numbers disappear in flight plan entries for climb and descent phases once I replace <&ISADev[1]:3> with <&OAT[0]:3>.

Maybe this is no big deal, but just asking the question?

Bill Clark

Well, yes....

The FlightPlanTemplate has some more options you can choose from, but is limited to the number of entries.

For some field you can just, double, or tripple enter values, which will get filled out by the system by choosing the actual best fitting value into it (like Callsign, Airline, Tailnumber).

Temperature is just one fix value e.g. OAT, if you know enter the ISA in the same way behind, or infront the OAT <ISADev>, it will show you both values during cruise, but only should display the actual ISADev during climb out/ descent phase.

There is also the option to enter <&TOCTemp> / <&TO_Temperature> / <&LDG_Temperature>, but I assume that these values for TO and LDG only will show you the actual temps at the airport.
This is kind of trial and error :)

For me personally (in my own created OFP) works ISADev[0] -> shows actual +/- instead of P/M the best, because I want to know the actual differenz in ISA for performance reasons.

Jackjones,

Thanks for going to all the trouble of offering a possible way of getting climb and descent data. I really don't want to get into an area that is over my head by further modifying this OFP format. I will be happy with obtaining the cruise altitude temperatures.

Thanks again,

Bill Clark

Archived