Sharing manual created routes (NAT HLA Airspace) ?

Hi gyus,

I´m wondering if there´s a possibility to upload and share the routes I´ve created to the PFPX Server, so that other users are able to "AUTO" route them, or just load them.

These routes I´m talking about are mainly in the NAT HLA airspace (special routes / Blue Spruce Routes), between Europe and North America and vice versa.
Unfortunately in this aera there are only few, or none known routes avialable at the moment.

Just as information:

These routes are used mainly for smaler aircrafts, which need to operate within this area e.g. Buisness jets, Medevac flights, or just ferry fligths.

Routes are not retrieved via the server Jack, the option would be to upload them to the PFPX download section of this forum.

Users would place them locally in C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Routes, the sub-routes would then be called when auto-routing or could be manually selected from the commencing waypoint

Thanks Stehpen for this fast reply!

In that case I´m aksing myself, if there´s an option implemented in PFPX for these special routes (maybe I just didn´t found it, yet), just because I couldn´t create them by the system "Auto".

Sorry for this question, but I´m not a dispatcher :) 

You can create sub-routes using the Route Database editor starting at waypoint X and ending at Y, then route between the two using airways and/or directs and save.

When you plan a new route using the auto option then PFPX will consider this sub-route as an option.

PFPX will only auto-route using the AIRAC airways or predefined directs and additionally saved sub-routes, you can create your own directs via the User Waypoints & Airways editor. There are several data bases here and I would suggest creating your own.

I'm no dispatcher either Jack, a long time user of PFPX and prior to that Flight Operation Centre with an interest in planning ;)

Thanks again Stephen,

I tried it, but it still does not work, like you discribe...I did the following:

Routing: BIKF -> CYFB

1. I created my own route, which I saved so that I could selcet it via the drop down menu (Route field -> Ident)

-> From here I can select: BIKFCYFB01 (my saved routing), Edit, Find, Load

2. I created two additional routings in the "sub-routes.txt" file (according to the sample, out of "RAD Restrictions and Directs 2012 1.0.0"
    in the same format and imported these into my Route Database. 

Here are now some route options for PFPX, but when I hit "Find..."  there is still the message opening: "Route Finder was not able to find a valid Route, Open Advanced Route Finder"

I can´t edit my prior post, that´s why here an update:

I have to following sub-routes:

BIKF-CYFB
----------
SORIRYFB01;SORIR SORIR SOSIT UT594 NUTKA CLAVY N898A MUSVA BILKU YFB YFB
SORIRYFB02;SORIR SORIR GOKIK SOSIT UT593 DA TOLAN AVPUT N906A NALDI DUTUM YFB YFB
SORIRYFB03;SORIR SORIR SOPEN 6530N 6540N 6650N AVPUT N906A NALDI YFB YFB

CYFB-BIKF
----------
DUTUMGOKIK01;DUTUM DUTUM AVPUT TOLAN MASIK GOKIK GOKIK
DUTUMGOKIK02;DUTUM DUTUM CLAVY 6550N 6540N 6530N GOKIK GOKIK

It seems that the first three from BIKF - CYFB are "accepted by the Route Database, so if I now hit the "find..." button, it shows me a route :), GREAT !!!

This doesn´t work the other way..... CYFB-BIKF still requires the "advanced route finder".

All routes are imported and checked for compliance with AIRAC2012 (green hook)

Why does PFPX still can´t find me a way back from CYFB to BIKF?

Two issues here.

1) The only other link to DUTUM is from 6080N in Canada. Aspreviously mentioned to auto-route is going to require links either via Airways or pre-defined Directs.

Using the Waypoint and Airway editor create a link, in this case from a suitable departure point YFB to DUTUM 🙂 suitable flight levels should be defined):

Please login to display this image.

2) Without defined departures from CYFB PFPX would not where to go, use the Airport Editor and define YFB as a departure point:

Now auto-route works in both directions, here calling one of the new sub-routes:

Archived