EDDB terrible performance at night

Hi everyone! 

I've just installed Berlin Brandenburg airport due to its recent opening. The performance during the day is totally fine (up to 60fps on my system), but as soon as the apron lights turn on, my sim comes to a screeching halt. Depending on the position the fps come down to 20 especially near the terminal. After disabling the apron lights with the world editor, performance was improved significantly when not looking at the terminal. The lights at the gates are sadly connected to way bigger objects which inhibit disabling them since half of the terminal would be gone. Has anyone found a solution for those performance hungry lights? 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I tried to check myself, but when loading the airport in Worldeditor it contains loads of red question marks, and generates error; it fails to find lots of items and generates errors when I validate even w/o changing.

How did you load the file?

Kr,

Rick 

Which version of WED are you using? Try updating it to the newest one. You might have some libraries missing as well, can't say for sure though if I don't see the errors myself. 

Archived