Magnetic Variation issue on the ND (A320 P3D5 but is the same in v4)

keenrw

Hi

There appears to be a magnetic variation issue with the ND , i normally use the Fix Info page to set up an extended centreline.. For example ref fix EGKK26L then radial 078  (opposite of 258) gives me a nice lined up blue centreline ... but if i use the radial in feature then it seems out by a few degrees.. I'm doing a flight atm so will get a screenshot of what i mean, this could cause issue when putting manual fixes in using radials and distance as they will be off by a few degrees and may affect holding as well... set up a hold for 300 left-hand turns but the Airbus flies 297 etc .

Rich

As you can see the blue line has lined up with 26L fine … But the green line is out by a few degs, both were set to 078 (opposite of the 26L final app course of 258)

Please login to display this image.

On final 26L ... the radial in line (green) is out by a few degs whereas the Fix Info blue line is lined up with 26L fine both set to 078

Please login to display this image.

Archived